Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe (Almond Flour, GF): rich ‘n moist vegan gluten free cupcakes topped with creamy chocolate frosting! The best paleo cupcakes—made with gluten free, dairy free, healthy ingredients!
PALEO CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1 batch Vegan Chocolate Frosting
PALEO CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 2 ½ cups finely ground, blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ¾ cup raw cacao (recommended) or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare the frosting: The night before, begin preparing a batch of this Homemade Chocolate Frosting. Do not whip the frosting until the cupcakes are cooled and ready to be frosted.
- Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cupcake pan—filling each cup about 3/4 of the way, as cupcakes will rise. Tap the pan a few times to even out the batter & release air bubbles. Bake for 19-25 minutes. Mine took 22 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness—it should come out mostly dry, with a few cake bits on it.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin pan and continue cooling on rack until completely cool before frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes: Whip the frosting [as instructed]. Frost the cupcakes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week (best the first 2 days). Or, keep at room temperature for up to 3 days in a cool, dark environment.
- Freezing Instructions: Store frosted cupcakes in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15-40 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: paleo chocolate cupcakes almond flour, vegan gluten free cupcakes, paleo chocolate cupcakes recipe, best paleo cupcakes, gluten free dairy free cupcakes, healthy chocolate cupcakes, sugar free vegan cupcakes