Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe (Almond Flour, GF): rich ‘n moist vegan gluten free cupcakes topped with creamy chocolate frosting! The best paleo cupcakes—made with gluten free, dairy free, healthy ingredients! Refined Sugar-Free, Grain-Free.
So, Erik and I just spent the last few days getting SUCH a workout from piping frosting! We frosted over 1 million cupcakes, questioned whether or not we exaggerate too much, then stretched and frosted 1 million more (assured that our good-natured art of exaggeration at least helps us get through all the frosting).
What’s your favorite way to pipe frosting: using a 1) frosting gun, 2) piping bag, 3) spreading with a spatula or 4) _______.
I’m fairly torn about it all, since there are so many advantages & disadvantages to each of them.
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe w/ Almond Flour (GF)
One thing I’m sure of: my very first Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes recipe! By special request (and popular demand), I’ve made these vegan gluten free cupcakes with almond flour. Woohoo!!
These paleo chocolate cupcakes are super moist, with a tender chocolate crumb, and topped with my favorite paleo vegan chocolate frosting. Just try to resist eating it by the spoonful. 😉 I mean… you kinda earned it with the workout you got from piping all the frosting on all the paleo chocolate cupcakes. 😉
Today, we’re going to be making these paleo chocolate cupcakes with almond flour aka the best paleo cupcakes! They’re gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar-free and made with healthy ingredients. Score! Read below for answers to your common questions and more!
How to make Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Almond Flour
- Step 1: Start prepping your Vegan Chocolate Frosting, but do not whip yet.
- Step 2: Sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Step 3: Whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Step 4: Combine dry and wet ingredients, whisk until no flour patches remain.
- Step 5: Pour cupcake batter evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Step 6: Bake, then cool.
- Step 7: Frost your paleo chocolate cupcakes & enjoy!
What do these Gluten Free Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes (GF) taste like?
These gluten free paleo chocolate cupcakes taste like decadent, moist chocolate cake. The cake portion of these paleo cupcakes are tender, soft ‘n moist on the inside, with a perfectly smooth top for easy frosting. These gluten free dairy free chocolate cupcakes are bursting with chocolate flavor and topped with the most decadent, creamy, thick, silky paleo vegan chocolate frosting.
Are these Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes… Dairy-Free? GF? Refined Sugar-Free? Healthy?
These paleo chocolate cupcakes are:
- Gluten Free (GF)
- Dairy-Free or Non-Dairy
- Refined Sugar-Free as long as you use paleo chocolate
- Healthy aka as healthy as chocolate cupcakes can be without sacrificing taste or texture
Storing this Vegan Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Store your vegan paleo chocolate cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature, out of direct sunlight. The paleo vegan frosting will stay fresh for up to 3 days. Paleo chocolate cupcakes are best on Day 1, but are still good the first 3 days. The healthy chocolate cupcakes will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Q&A for gluten free dairy free Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes
- Where can I find more gluten free dairy free cupcakes recipes? Scroll down… just above the recipe, I’ve listed a few of my favorites. 🙂
- Can I use gluten free oat flour in these vegan paleo cupcakes? Try my Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes instead! They’re specifically designed with gluten free oat flour in mind & they’re my most popular vegan chocolate cupcake.
- Are these paleo vegan cupcakes sugar-free? These gluten free paleo chocolate cupcakes are refined sugar-free. If you’d like to make them sugar-free, try swapping the coconut sugar with a granulated sugar-free alternative, then swap the maple syrup for this sugar-free maple syrup alternative. Lastly, for the vegan chocolate frosting, try swapping the vegan chocolate chips with sugar-free chocolate chips (click the link to see). I haven’t made these swaps, so proceed with caution.
- Where do I find raw cacao powder? I tested this paleo chocolate cupcakes recipe using this Raw Cacao Powder.
- Where can I find arrowroot flour? This is the exact arrowroot flour that I used when testing/making these vegan gluten free cupcakes.
- Can I use coconut flour in these paleo cupcakes? No can do. 😉 Subbing the almond flour in these paleo chocolate cupcakes with coconut flour will lead to disaster. Lol. Coconut flour is way, way more absorbent than almond flour. So don’t do it!! Here’s where you can buy almond flour.
I hope you had a fantastic time learning how to make gluten free paleo chocolate cupcakes with me today! If I don’t say it enough, let me reiterate: your comments, your baking stories, and your support mean the world to me. Thank you for being a part of all this—it truly makes my day. Can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
Healthy Vegan Gluten Free Cupcakes & More (Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes (GF, Healthy, Refined Sugar Free)
- Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Vegan Chocolate Frosting (Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-Free)
- 1-bowl Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe (GF, Dairy-Free, Healthy ingredients)
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe (Almond Flour, GF): rich ‘n moist vegan gluten free cupcakes topped with creamy chocolate frosting! The best paleo cupcakes—made with gluten free, dairy free, healthy ingredients!
PALEO CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1 batch Vegan Chocolate Frosting
PALEO CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 2 ½ cups finely ground, blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ¾ cup raw cacao (recommended) or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare the frosting: The night before, begin preparing a batch of this Homemade Chocolate Frosting. Do not whip the frosting until the cupcakes are cooled and ready to be frosted.
- Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Add water and milk to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments until just warm. This will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with these liquids.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cupcake pan—filling each cup about 3/4 of the way, as cupcakes will rise. Tap the pan a few times to even out the batter & release air bubbles. Bake for 19-25 minutes. Mine took 22 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness—it should come out mostly dry, with a few cake bits on it.
- Place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin pan and continue cooling on rack until completely cool before frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes: Whip the frosting [as instructed]. Frost the cupcakes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week (best the first 2 days). Or, keep at room temperature for up to 3 days in a cool, dark environment.
- Freezing Instructions: Store frosted cupcakes in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 15-40 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: paleo chocolate cupcakes almond flour, vegan gluten free cupcakes, paleo chocolate cupcakes recipe, best paleo cupcakes, gluten free dairy free cupcakes, healthy chocolate cupcakes, sugar free vegan cupcakes
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools for the Best Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes (GF)
Click the links below to see the tools & ingredients I used to make this paleo chocolate cupcakes recipe!
- Cupcake Pan – aka the muffin pan I use to make all of my vegan gluten free cupcakes recipes.
- Raw Cacao Powder – a wonderful brand of raw cacao powder that’s great for paleo baking.
- Blanched Almond Flour – one of my favorite ingredients for healthy chocolate cupcakes, cake, muffins and more!
- Arrowroot Flour – paleo, vegan, gluten-free and works wonderfully in paleo baking.
- Hand Mixer with Whisk Attachment – my tried-and-true hand mixer (that just so happens to come in a super cute color) and the ultra-dependable whisk attachment I use to whip up my vegan chocolate frosting.
- Stand Mixer – if you wanna give the hands a break when whipping the paleo frosting, this is the mixer for you. Such a great kitchen tool!