Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats (V, GF, DF): an easy 5 ingredient recipe for chocolate-topped PB rice crispy treats that taste like peanut butter cups. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Rice Crispy Treats
- 3 cups vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted, natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted, natural peanut butter
- Make the rice crispy treats: Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper, parchment or greased foil. Set aside for later. Add cereal and peanuts to a large mixing bowl. Stir together and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated. Then, stir occasionally, heating until this mixture begins to bubble. Stir frequently for about 2 minutes. The mixture will resemble thick caramel. Remove from heat and carefully pour over the dry mixture. Stir and fold until well-incorporated.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, press down firmly, smoothing the treats into an even, tightly packed layer. Chill in the freezer for 25-30 minutes.
- Make the chocolate topping: About 5 minutes before the treats are done freezing, prepare the chocolate topping. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the Chocolate Layer ingredients: 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until just slightly softened and melted. Stir until smooth and well-incorporated.
- Remove treats from freezer. Grab the lining and lift treats out of the baking pan. Set onto an flat surface. Using a rubber spatula, pour the chocolate mixture over the treats and spread into an even layer. Place back into the freezer for 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate tops are hardened.
- Remove treats from freezer. Cut into 16 squares. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 1 week.
– Chocolate topping softens to a frosting-like texture are room temperature. Straight out of the freezer, the topping is deliciously hard, like magic shell.
– More Halloween treats: Jack Skellington Mounds Cups, Paleo Almond Joy, Spiderweb Brownies, Paleo Spider Treats.
– Peanut butter lover recipes: PB cups, PB chocolate chip cookie dough bites, PB breakfast bars, PB cup brownies. All vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
- Category: Dessert, Snacks, No Bake, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free