This peanut butter rice crispy treats recipe is made without marshmallows and & just 5 ingredients!
Sweet ‘n crispy peanut butter rice crispy treats topped with peanut butter filling and a rich layer of chocolate topping.
No Bake. Peanut Butter. Rice Crispy Treats. Three sentences (okay, fine, these are barely phrases) that will take your breath away. Uh, in the tasty sense. Oh, you know what I mean!
Think: a thick layer of crispy, sweet and just-right chewy peanut butter rice crispy treats topped with a layer of sweet peanut butter filling, crowned with rich chocolate topping.
All of this, and it’s no bake? Did I also mention today’s peanut butter rice crispy treats are made with just 5 simple ingredients?
Yes, yes and yes!! Dang it, there were only 2 questions huh? Anywho… let’s move along and sashay our ways into the kitchen, where we’ll be enjoying the yummiest peanut butter rice crispy treats ever!
What are Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats?
Let’s start with the basics. 😉 Rice crispy treats are a sweet dessert bar that’s typically made with rice crisp cereal, marshmallows and butter.
Peanut butter rice crispy treats include the addition of peanut butter for a delicious peanut butter-flavored rice crispy treat. Hint: I may or may not have been inspired by these peanut butter crunch bars. 😉
Today, we’re making peanut butter rice crispy treats without marshmallows, and with tons of peanut butter flavor. But no butter. 😉 Check out the simple ingredients below.
5 Ingredients for No Bake Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
Learn how to make no bake peanut butter rice crispy treats with 5 simple ingredients!
- Peanut Butter
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Rice Crisp Cereal
- Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Flour
How to Make Peanut Butter Recipe Crispy Treats
Start by lining a square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
Then, heat peanut butter and maple syrup together until smooth and just a bit dried out. You’ll find stovetop and microwave instructions in the recipe card.
Fold in rice crisp cereal until fully coated in peanut butter mixture and well mixed.
Pour this mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth and flatten into a tightly-packed layer. Chill in the freezer.
Next, stir together peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the peanut butter rice crispy treats.
Now, melt the chocolate and peanut butter together. Heat and stir until smooth. Pour over the peanut butter-topped peanut butter rice crispy treats. Smooth into an even layer.
Chill until completely firm. Slice and enjoy the best peanut butter rice crispy treats!
How to Store the No Bake Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
- Storing Instructions: Store peanut butter rice crispy treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week. I like them best the first few days, and find them freshest those days.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container in the freezer for up to 1 month. These rice crispy treats are super yummy when frozen—just make sure to test the hardness by taking a light nibble first. If they’re too hard, allow treats to thaw just a bit at room temperature before enjoying.
The best no bake peanut butter rice crispy treats: a thick layer of peanut butter rice crispy, topped with sweet peanut butter and a rich chocolate coating.
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Peanut Butter Treats!
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bites
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Cookies
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Coconut Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
This peanut butter rice crispy treats recipe is made without marshmallows & just 5 ingredients! Sweet ‘n crispy peanut butter rice crispy treats topped with peanut butter filling and a rich layer of chocolate topping.
Rice Crispy Treats
- 1/3 cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/3 cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside for later.
- Make the Rice Crispy Treats: Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a large microwave-safe bowl. Whisk until well mixed and smooth. Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until the mixture begins to dry out (about 4-7 rounds).* Whisk in between heating increments.
- Add crisp cereal to peanut butter mixture. Stir and fold until well-incorporated. Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Chill in the freezer (about 10 minutes) while preparing the next layer.
- Make the Peanut Butter Layer: Add all Peanut Butter Layer ingredients into a bowl. Using a fork, stir and fold until well mixed and thickened. Remove treats from the freezer. Transfer the peanut butter mixture onto the treats. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer, making sure to carefully keep treats layer intact. Chill in the freezer while preparing the next layer.
- Add the Topping: Add all Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until melted and smooth, stirring in between each increment. Remove treats from freezer. Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer, tapping the pan as needed to smooth it out, or swirl the top to make it pretty!
- Chill in the freezer for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 70 minutes. The longer the treats are frozen, the cleaner the cuts when sliced. Remove and slice into 16 square treats. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Chocolatey, Crispy Treats!
Stovetop Directions: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated. Stir occasionally, heating until this mixture begins to bubble.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week. Best on the first few days.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake peanut butter rice crispy treats, peanut butter rice crispy treats recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.
Did you love learning how to make peanut butter rice crispy treat without marshmallows? I certainly loved sharing it with you. Stop by and let me know what you think! I truly love getting to chat with you. ‘Til the next no bake adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️