5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats (V, GF): a tasty recipe for thick homemade rice crispy treats topped with peanut butter filling, enrobed in decadent chocolate. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Marshmallow-Free.
Welcome to my first official Halloween-perfect treat for the year! (Wait a minute… don’t gluten free fudgy walnut brownies, 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies and chocolate coconut macaroons count??) ????
You know I had to make it a good one. You might recall that a few weeks back, I shared this 3 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Rice Crispy Treats recipe. So far, the feedback’s been quite good. In fact, it’s become one of the most popular recipes of the fall. Woohoo!
But you know what I HAD to do to that recipe: upgrade it by a million. And that’s no exaggeration.
Okay, it totally is. But what would life be without some artful dramatization and exaggeration once in awhile? 😉 Anyway, what was I saying? Right! All of us here at Beaming Baker—all three of us—you, Erik and me…had to take a quick/2 year break from homemade rice crispy treats on the blog.
So when we came back to this, we had to come back in style. I was so excited to share that super easy, 3 ingredient recipe, but I knew that we could do one better by adding in some more peanut butter, lots of chocolate, and all the layers.
Not to worry, I only increased the total ingredient count to 5 ingredients. That’s right, FIVE ingredients:
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- Coconut flour
- And… vegan chocolate chips!
Layer 1: one deliciously thick layer of vegan rice crispy treats made with guilt-free ingredients and totally infused with peanut butter YUM.
Layer 2: an almost laughably easy-to-make layer of peanut butter filling. Soft, peanut buttery (why, of course), slightly dense, but still soft enough to sink your teeth into.
Layer 3: the crowning glory of velvety chocolate topping… enhanced with natural creamy peanut butter, naturally. 😉
Just think, just dream, just salivate over what this must taste like. Or, go straight to your pantry immediately, put on your favorite no-baking tunes, and get to it!
On the off chance that I don’t have you convinced yet, allow me to shower you (what a visual) with these 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats’ finest points! They’re:
- the most deliciously thick chocolate peanut butter rice crispy treats you’ll ever eat
- packed with layer after layer of mouthwatering goodness
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- perfect for the chocolate peanut butter lover in your life
- wonderfully protein-packed and allergy-friendly
- soon-to-be your favorite homemade gluten free rice crispy treats made with peanut butter
- better than homemade peanut butter cups (you be the judge, make both!)
- the best healthy rice krispy treats made with real ingredients you’ll ever have
- simply amazing paired with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Homemade Frosty Recipe
- made with the healthy, whole ingredients you know and love
- rarin’ to join your favorite BB peanut butter treats: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No Bake Energy Bites, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Bars.
So whaddya say? Are you ready to blow everyone’s mind with these deliciously homemade peanut butter cup rice crispy treats? Let’s do it! I’ll grab my 10-gallon jar of peanut butter, you grab the gluten free vegan brown rice crisp cereal. I simply can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. Sending you my gratitude for stopping by and sharing in a sweet moment with me. ‘Til next time…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
????︎ Click below to Pin ????︎
If you enjoyed this 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats, then you’ll just love these…
Gluten Free Vegan Snack Recipes
You have to try these amazing healthy homemade snack recipes: Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites, Homemade KIND Nut Bars, Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins, Homemade Gluten Free Vegan Granola, No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars and Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, just for fun. 😉
- ⅓ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal
- ⅓ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside for later.
- Make the Rice Crispy Treats: Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a large microwave-safe bowl. Whisk until well mixed and smooth. Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until the mixture begins to dry out and reduce down/caramelize (about 4-7 rounds).* Whisk in between heating increments.
- Add crisp cereal to peanut butter mixture. Stir and fold until well-incorporated. Pour into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even, very tightly packed layer.
- Chill in the freezer (about 10 minutes) while preparing the next layer.
- Make the Peanut Butter Layer: Add all Peanut Butter Layer ingredients into a bowl. Using a fork, stir and fold until well mixed and thickened. Remove treats from the freezer. Transfer the peanut butter mixture onto the treats. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer, making sure to carefully keep treats layer intact. Chill in the freezer while preparing the next layer.
- Add the Topping: Add all Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until melted and smooth, stirring in between each increment. Remove treats from freezer. Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth in an even layer, tapping the pan as needed to smooth it out, or swirl the top to make it pretty!
- Chill in the freezer for 60-70 minutes. Mine took 70 minutes. The longer the treats are frozen, the cleaner the cuts when sliced. Remove and slice into 16 square treats. Enjoy! Storing notes below.
Adapted from my 3 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Rice Crispy Treats .
Try my Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats and my No Bake Chocolate Pecan Bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week. Best on the first few days.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.