Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF, Dairy-Free): an easy recipe for soft, chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with chocolate chips and oats! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats, more below
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade: make sure it’s very finely ground, as coarse flour will result in crumbly cookies
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and resembles caramel.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in Add-In ingredients: chocolate chips and oats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Gluten Free Vegan Cookies
Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | finely ground: Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Chocolate | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Flaxseed | Pure Vanilla Extract
Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
- Category: Cookies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American