my FAVORITE vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have crisp edges, chewy centers and are chockfull of chocolate! Dairy-Free, Plant-Based.
It’s my birthday today!! To celebrate, we’re making my favorite vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!! For this special occasion (if I do say so myself hehe), I thought it’d be so tasty to make something I think about all the time. Like, how many times a day do you think about cookies? Once, twice, maybe even thrice?
Well, in my household, we think & talk about cookies at least 10x a day. Okaaaaaay, you dragged the truth outta me. Erik and I think about cookies at least 25x a day.
I know, we’re utter and total Cookie Fiends.
No shame! It’s just… cookies are more than a treat in our household; cookies are a way of life. And ever since I started baking/testing/eating vegan cookies—scratch that—vegan oatmeal cookies, I’ve been kind of obsessed with making the perfect vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
Back in March, I shared (and you loved, loved, loved) my Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Many of you ate all the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and asked me if there was a way to lighten up the recipe so you could EAT MORE.
I played with applesauce, vegan yogurt, avocados (okay, I totally didn’t have the cookie balls to do that, so scratch that), and simply dropping the amount of coconut oil in that recipe. But alas, that was not to be.
So I thought back to some of my favorite vegan oatmeal cookies: Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies. One common denominator in those oatmeal cookies? A secret ingredient… More on that later. 😉
My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Let’s just say, that’s what I incorporated to make up for this less-oil business, and let’s just say that you’ll be happy with the perfectly chewy, perfectly crisped-edge delight that are my favorite vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
Are you ready to learn how to make the most amazing vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? (And learn what the secret ingredient is?) Let’s do it!
How to Make Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Learn how to make the best vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in just a few simple ‘n easy steps!
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a medium or large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk Dry Ingredients
Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl: rolled oats, oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt. Whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
Whisk Wet Ingredients
Add all the wet ingredients into a medium mixing bowl: coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk altogether until well mixed.
Combine the wet and the dry ingredients! Simply pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture, then stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Feel free to skip the walnuts if ya don’t like ‘em. 😉
Scoop Cookie Dough
Using my favorite cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of oatmeal cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Dot with vegan chocolate chips. Then, use a fork to flatten the cookies to as thick as you’d like them.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy!
Bake for about 12 minutes, then cool and enjoy the best vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies ever!
>>RELATED: Healthy Oatmeal Cookies | Soft Baked Chocolate Vegan Donuts w/ Vegan Chocolate Ganache Glaze!
The Secret Ingredient for Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
What makes for best vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? Simply put, my secret ingredient: creamy almond butter. I’m always searching for the perfect way to cut down on oil and increase healthy, nutrient-rich ingredients. Cue the entrance music for almond butter.
Almond butter is a wonderful placeholder for coconut oil because it includes naturally occurring oil (ahem, almond oil), and adds a creamy, rich flavor to these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Tip: I wouldn’t recommend subbing the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in this recipe with even more almond butter because that would make the oatmeal cookie dough stickier, thicker and decrease the beautiful spread of these vegan cookies while baking.
Delightfully crispy edges, chewy centers & bursting with chocolate. My favorite vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
Recommended Tools for the Best Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here are my favorite tools to make my even favoriter (yep, I just did that) vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! Click the link below to explore.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – These vegan chocolate chips are one of my absolute faves. They taste so milky, perfectly sweet and they melt beautifully. If you’re looking for a refined sugar-free chocolate, trying chopping up this paleo chocolate to use in place of vegan chocolate chips! 😉
- Creamy Almond Butter – this almond butter is vegan and free from added ingredients. Also try making homemade almond butter to use in this recipe.
- Medium Cookie Scoop – I’ve tried cookie scoops far and wide (and crappy). If I bought any more cookie scoops, I might need to start a factory. 😉 These are by far the best, most durable and, well, scoopable of them all.
- Ground Flaxseed | Coconut Sugar | Coconut Oil: all three of these ingredient are staples in my vegan pantry. I use these ingredients in nearly all of my vegan dessert recipes!
So, my fellow Cookie Fiends Friends, what do you think? Are you as pumped up as I am to make ALL the vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?!? I’m so excited to head into the kitchen with you & whip up all these tasty vegan cookies for the ones we love (including ourselves)!! Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments below—I absolutely love hearing from you. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Click below to Pin
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies We Love
- Simple & Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Best Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies with Chocolate Chips (GF)
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – just for fun 😉
- Vegan Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Bars (Dairy-Free)
- Vegan Banana Cookies with Peanut Butter (GF)
- Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: my FAVORITE vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have crisp edges, chewy centers and are chockfull of chocolate! Dairy-Free, Plant-Based.
- 1 cup old-fashioned, rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet—spaced evenly apart. Optionally, dot cookies with chocolate chips. Using a fork, flatten cookies to desired thickness. The cookies will crumble at the edges a bit after flattening—use your fingers to squish the edges back together.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 13 minutes. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack, allowing cookies to firm up for about 15 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, transfer cookies directly onto the cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Amazing Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
Where to Buy Ingredients: Coconut Sugar | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Paleo Chocolate (make sure to chop before using) | Ground Flaxseed | try Homemade Oat Flour | Coconut Oil | Raw Walnuts
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.