Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies (Vegan): soft ‘n fluffy gluten free pumpkin cookies bursting with chocolate chips or your favorite add-ins! An easy recipe for moist, cake-like vegan gluten free pumpkin cookies with warm fall spices.
What’s your favorite kind of pumpkin cookie? Chewy & firm with just a light pumpkin flavor or soft ‘n cakey, with a lotta pumpkin WOW factor?
If you said chewy & firm… you know where the door is. (J/K!!!)
If you said soft & cakey, with all of the pumpkin star power: Welcome. THE gluten free pumpkin cookies you’ve been looking for are here.
And you know I mean business when I use both bold and italics.
Since I started this food blog, pumpkin has been kind of a thing for me. And kind of a thing for you. No matter how many pumpkin recipes I share, you keep asking for more!
A sampling, if you will, of fall-inspired goodies on BB: Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread, Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins, pumpkin breakfast staples: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars, Easy Vegan Pumpkin Bread and Vegan Pumpkin Muffins.
And there’s more where that came from. Can you believe?!
But the one request that I keep getting? And getting. And getting. Easy gluten free pumpkin cookies. So guess what I’m sharing today? (Let’s act as if neither of us has seen or heard from the blogpost title.)
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies That are Vegan!
This vegan gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe yields soft ‘n fluffy gluten free pumpkin cookies that are moist, cake-like, and bursting with warm fall spices. Does it get any better than this?
Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies Ingredients
Looking for moist, cake-like pumpkin cookies that just happen to be vegan and gluten free? Look no further than this pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe. You’ll find vegan gluten free pantry staples like coconut oil, oat flour, maple syrup, and a flax egg.
- Pumpkin – use 100% pumpkin puree, not anything with added sugar like pumpkin pie mix
- Oat Flour – use gluten free oat flour to ensure this recipe is GF. You can also make your own Gluten Free Oat Flour.
- Maple Syrup + Coconut Sugar – you might try swapping maple syrup with brown rice syrup, and coconut sugar with a combo of organic cane sugar and brown sugar. Just beware that these changes might affect the overall texture.
- Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt
- Pumpkin Pie Spice + Cinnamon – two of my favorite fall spices! These two ingredients greatly amp up the autumn-inspired pumpkin spice vibe of your soon-to-be fresh baked cookies.
- Chocolate Chips – these go so well with pumpkin cookies, but feel free to use any of your favorite add-ins.
- And more… See the photo above for the rest!
How to Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
First things first, preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix the Dry
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl: gluten free oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Mix the Wet
Now, whisk together all of the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl: pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla.
Pour the dry mixture over the wet mixture, then stir and fold it altogether to make your pumpkin cookie dough.
Now, optionally fold in vegan chocolate chips or your favorite add-ins.
Scoop the Pumpkin Cookie Dough
Scoop and drop balls of pumpkin cookie dough onto the lined baking sheet.
Last pre-bake step: dotting each cookie top with chocolate chips or your favorite add-ins. This is the perfect time to flatten the cookies a bit–press the toppings down to flatten each pumpkin cookie.
Bake, Cool & Enjoy the Best Pumpkin Cookies!
Bake for about 14 minutes. Then, cool and enjoy the best gluten free pumpkin cookies!
🍪 Related Vegan Gluten Free Cookie Recipes: Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies • Vegan Gluten Free Banana Cookies • Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough (GF)
Sara says, “These turned out great! Not too sweet (which I like) and nice and moist. I was making them for a friend who can’t have coconut, so I subbed the oil with 1/4 c more pumpkin and used organic cane sugar. I used 72% dark chocolate chunks. I got 22 cookies and just ate 4 for breakfast. :)”
Morgen says, “These are incredible! My roommates who are sometimes unsure of my gf/df/refined sugar free recipes loved them too.”
Gabriel says, “Just made these and I’m so impressed. They were every simple to make and carry so much flavor!!”
Angela says, “These cookies were a hit! Definitely have to double the recipe next time. 🙂 I subbed Bob’s GF 1:1 flour and they came out great. Thank you from me and my family!”
Storing and Freezing Your Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
For Soft Pumpkin Cookies: store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Pumpkin cookies will stay soft and moist at room temperature.
For Firm Pumpkin Cookies: store cookies in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Pumpkin cookies will keep longer in the refrigerator and be firmer. Keep in mind that condensation may gather on top of the cookies here. 😉
Best if eaten within the first few days. As always, with fresh-baked goods made from whole ingredients, these gluten free pumpkin cookies are best if eaten within the first few days.
can you freeze these gluten free pumpkin cookies?
Yes! Store your vegan pumpkin cookies in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to thaw for 10-20 minutes, or heat in 10-second increments until just warm.
The best soft ‘n moist gluten free pumpkin cookies—perfectly spiced, easy to make & delicious!
Recommended Tools for Perfect Pumpkin Cookies
Wondering what my favorite baking tools are? Click on the links below to find out and explore.
- Medium Cookie Scoop – my favorite cookie scoop for quickly scooping up cookie dough. Great for uniform-sizing of cookies!
- Coconut Oil – my no-butter, vegan alternative to the best vegan + gf cookie recipes!
- Coconut Sugar – adds such a delicious, lightly caramel flavor to these vegan pumpkin cookies.
- Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate – try chopping up this paleo + vegan chocolate to use in place of your usual vegan chocolate chips.
Are you ready to get your pumpkin on? Let’s do it! I’ll grab the pumpkin, you grab the vegan chocolate chips! I can’t wait to hear what you think of my recipe. As always, I’m so grateful that you’re here, enjoying the sweeter side of life with me. ‘Til the next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
More Vegan Gluten Free Cookies
- Breakfast Oatmeal Coconut Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Gluten Free Vegan Coconut Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- The BEST Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thin Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.