Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies (Vegan): soft ‘n fluffy gluten free pumpkin cookies bursting with chocolate chips or your favorite add-ins! An easy recipe for moist, cake-like vegan gluten free pumpkin cookies with warm fall spices.
What’s your favorite kind of pumpkin cookie? Chewy & firm with just a light pumpkin flavor or soft ‘n cakey, with a lotta pumpkin WOW factor?
If you said chewy & firm… you know where the door is. (J/K!!!)
If you said soft & cakey, with all of the pumpkin star power: Welcome. THE gluten free pumpkin cookies you’ve been looking for are here.
And you know I mean business when I use both bold and italics.
Since I started this food blog, pumpkin has been kind of a thing for me. And kind of a thing for you. No matter how many pumpkin recipes I share, you keep asking for more!
A sampling, if you will, of fall-inspired goodies on BB: Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread, Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins, pumpkin breakfast staples: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars, Easy Vegan Pumpkin Bread and Vegan Pumpkin Muffins.
And there’s more where that came from. Can you believe?!
But the one request that I keep getting? And getting. And getting. Easy gluten free pumpkin cookies. So guess what I’m sharing today? (Let’s act as if neither of us has seen or heard from the blogpost title.)
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies That are Vegan!
This vegan gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe yields soft ‘n fluffy gluten free pumpkin cookies that are moist, cake-like, and bursting with warm fall spices. Does it get any better than this?
How to Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
First things first, preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix the Dry
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl: gluten free oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
Mix the Wet
Now, whisk together all of the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl: pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla.
Pour the dry mixture over the wet mixture, then stir and fold it altogether to make your pumpkin cookie dough. Now, optionally fold in vegan chocolate chips!
Scoop and drop balls of pumpkin cookie dough onto the lined baking sheet and dot with chocolate chips if you’re adding them.
Bake, Cool & Enjoy
Bake for about 14 minutes. Then, cool and enjoy the best gluten free pumpkin cookies!
🍪 Related Vegan Gluten Free Cookie Recipes: Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies • Vegan Gluten Free Banana Cookies • Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough (GF)
Sara says, “These turned out great! Not too sweet (which I like) and nice and moist. I was making them for a friend who can’t have coconut, so I subbed the oil with 1/4 c more pumpkin and used organic cane sugar. I used 72% dark chocolate chunks. I got 22 cookies and just ate 4 for breakfast. :)”
Morgen says, “These are incredible! My roommates who are sometimes unsure of my gf/df/refined sugar free recipes loved them too.”
Gabriel says, “Just made these and I’m so impressed. They were every simple to make and carry so much flavor!!”
Angela says, “These cookies were a hit! Definitely have to double the recipe next time. 🙂 I subbed Bob’s GF 1:1 flour and they came out great. Thank you from me and my family!”
Storing and Freezing Your Vegan Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
For Soft Pumpkin Cookies: store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Pumpkin cookies will stay soft and moist at room temperature.
For Firm Pumpkin Cookies: store cookies in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Pumpkin cookies will keep longer in the refrigerator and be firmer. Keep in mind that condensation may gather on top of the cookies here. 😉
Best if eaten within the first few days. As always, with fresh-baked goods made from whole ingredients, these gluten free pumpkin cookies are best if eaten within the first few days.
can you freeze these gluten free pumpkin cookies?
Yes! Store your vegan pumpkin cookies in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to thaw for 10-20 minutes, or heat in 10-second increments until just warm.
Looking for another pumpkin treat to make ahead? You can also bake, then freeze this incredible Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Bread recipe!
The best soft ‘n moist gluten free pumpkin cookies—perfectly spiced, easy to make & delicious!
Recommended Tools for Perfect Pumpkin Cookies
Wondering what my favorite baking tools are? Click on the links below to find out and explore.
- Medium Cookie Scoop – my favorite cookie scoop for quickly scooping up cookie dough. Great for uniform-sizing of cookies!
- Coconut Oil – my no-butter, vegan alternative to the best vegan + gf cookie recipes!
- Coconut Sugar – adds such a delicious, lightly caramel flavor to these vegan pumpkin cookies.
- Refined Sugar-Free Chocolate – try chopping up this paleo + vegan chocolate to use in place of your usual vegan chocolate chips.
Are you ready to get your pumpkin on? Let’s do it! I’ll grab the pumpkin, you grab the vegan chocolate chips! I can’t wait to hear what you think of my recipe. As always, I’m so grateful that you’re here, enjoying the sweeter side of life with me. ‘Til the next baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Vegan Gluten Free Cookies
- Breakfast Oatmeal Coconut Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Gluten Free Vegan Coconut Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- The BEST Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thin Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free)
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Vegan Gluten Free Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Soft ‘n fluffy gluten free pumpkin cookies bursting with chocolate chips! An easy recipe for moist, cake-like vegan gluten free pumpkin cookies with warm fall spices.
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg and vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well mixed, and no flour patches remain. Optionally, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. Cookies will spread just a bit; if you don’t flatten them, you’ll get very round, domed cookies. Optionally, dot with chocolate chips—this will help if you choose to flatten the cookies (the dough is sticky). If desired: using a fork, flatten the cookies to desired thickness.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the sheet for about 12 minutes (on a cooling rack). Then, transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
More Vegan Gluten Free Cookies
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookies are best on the 1st and 2nd day, but still good throughout the week.
For firmer cookies: Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
To Freeze: Store in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes at room temperature, or heat in 10-second increments in the microwave until just warm.
Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 24 servings per recipe, made without optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 30mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan gluten free pumpkin cookies, gluten free pumpkin cookies, gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.