Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (GF, Dairy-Free)
a simple vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe that yields soft & buttery oatmeal cookies packed with melty chocolate chips!
My easy recipe for deliciously simple vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Made with healthy ingredients, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Gluten Free.
Saturdays are totally for baking, don’t you think? Back in the day, back before I had this blog, all I could think about during the work week was when I’d finally get to Saturday, when I could bake to my heart’s content.
And bake I did.
I’d bake 6-12 different cookie recipes, like I was baking-mad (is that a thing?), or like I was in some baking version of that Bradley Cooper movie with all the intensity. What was that movie called? You know the one I mean—the one where he’s all ultra-focused and super productive.
Like, imagine if I told you to bake chewy vegan trail mix cookies and simple & easy vegan oatmeal cookies plus healthy no bake peanut butter cup oat bars… all in one day. Okay, maybe you’re totally feelin’ this cookie schedule and like, “Gimme more, Coach!” In which case, wanna be friends? 🙂 And… have you thought about starting a food blog?
Anyway, the thing was, I built up all of this baking energy/passion throughout the week, while I was doing normal, boring work… and by the time the weekend hit, I was like, it’s time to let it all out. All out.
Now that I have a baking blog, I still have to fight the impulse to bake every Saturday. But if you’re in the same boat I was many years ago, and perhaps less intense about it, you might just love the baked treats I share on Saturdays. 🙂 At least I hope you do.
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
To celebrate the 18th consecutive week (save for Christmas weekend) of sharing a recipe with you on Saturday, I thought it would be the perfect time to revisit a classic Beaming Baker reader favorite: Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!!
For years, they’ve been one of my most popular vegan gluten free oatmeal recipes—scratch that—one of my most popular vegan gluten free cookie recipes of all time. Today, we’re here to see what all the fuss is about. You ready? Let’s do this!
>>Related: 20+ Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST Vegan Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Why are these the best vegan gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? Like how are they better than my best gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? Well, actually they’re uniquely different. This might be more of a different strokes for different folks kind of thing. My best gf oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe is my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe for when I’m feeling indulgent, and like I need an almost-bakery style oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. It’s sweeter, richer and much chewier.
This vegan gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe is more like a healthified version of your favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Yet, they have this rich, buttery flavor and are lightly soft. It’s slightly chewy, with a moist center and it’s bursting with chocolate chips.
These vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are made with simple, whole ingredients like gluten free oat flour, old fashioned oats and flaxseed. These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are lower in sugar and packed with fiber and healthy fats. You can eat quite a few and feel totally guilt-free!
>>Related: 35+ Best Vegan Cookie Recipes | Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
How to Store these Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store your gluten free vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks.
If you’d like to freeze your vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, store them in a freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Just make sure to thaw your oatmeal cookies for 10-20 minutes before enjoying—or, pop in the microwave for about 10 seconds to heat them up.
Related recipes: These Amazing Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Gluten Free) are my current favorite vegan oatmeal cookie. Sooo good! Also, I’ve definitely been eyeing these gluten free chocolate chip cookies by Gluten Free on a Shoestring! I’m thinking about using vegan butter and a flax egg to make these beauties vegan!
Recommended Tools for Best Vegan Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate: I often get emails from readers who have a hard time finding vegan chocolate chips or refined sugar free chocolate. <– Those are my favorites! If you use the refined sugar free chocolate, just make sure to chop it up before using. 🙂 And if you’re looking to cut down the amount of sugar in your recipe, try using these low carb chocolate chips.
- Gluten Free Oats & Oat Flour: I highly recommend buying this gluten free oat flour for the most finely ground oat flour. If making your own homemade oat flour, just make sure to very finely grind it, then sift out grainy pieces to avoid making crumbly, unpleasant gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | finely ground: Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Chocolate | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Flaxseed | Pure Vanilla Extract
- Recommended Tools: Small Cookie Scoop or Medium Cookie Scoop | Baking Pan | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Compostable Snack Bags
Whether you’re making these gluten free vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today, or another day, I truly hope you love them as much as my family does. Be sure to leave a comment if you’ve made these–I truly love hearing from you. Thank you for stopping by and joining in these baking adventures with me! ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
Click below to Pin
Did you make this vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe? Take a pic and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #beamingbaker & tag @beamingbaker. I’d love to see it!
More Vegan Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- My Favorite Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- My Favorite Vegan Gluten Free Cookie Recipes
- Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
- …and just for fun, Healthy Cookie Dough Truffles 😉
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF, Dairy-Free)
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 20-30 cookies 1x
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF, Dairy-Free): an easy recipe for soft, chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with chocolate chips and oats! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats, more below
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade: make sure it’s very finely ground, as coarse flour will result in crumbly cookies
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and resembles caramel.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in Add-In ingredients: chocolate chips and oats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Vegan Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies and my Maple Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Delicious Gluten Free Vegan Cookies
Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | finely ground: Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Chocolate | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Flaxseed | Pure Vanilla Extract
Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
Recommended Tools: Small Cookie Scoop or Medium Cookie Scoop | Baking Pan | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Compostable Snack Bags
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Cookies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.
I’ve been looking all over the internet for Gluten-Free, Vegan, Nut-Free and Fruit-Free oatmeal bars. I tried some substitutions from other recipes for bars but I had issues either on texture or taste. The closest I’ve come across, for what I’m looking for and as far as as ingredients go, was this recipe of yours. I know it’s for cookies but do you think it could work on an 8×8 pan for bars with altering the baking time of course?
Hi Jay! Hm, you might want to try out my oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars, as this seems more in line for what you’re looking for. Hope this helps! 🙂
These are awesome cookies and the recipe is easy. I’ve made them so many times. Variations I’ve liked are: I find I don’t need the sugar — the maple syrup is enough. It also works with just half a cup of chocolate chips. I often have to bake for 12-15 minutes.
Your cookie recipe is the best we have found for a gluten free cookie lover with very specific ingredient needs! A REAL cookie! High praise as we’ve tried many over 10 years and couldn’t get the right texture.
We use honey(1/3c) so worrying about texture, we use dry flax(1tbsp),1 tbsp egg white, chill our dough and bake. Every variation has turned out fabulous!!
Gluten free,nut free,milk free cookie heaven..with variations!
Thank you for your work Demeter.
Aw that’s so wonderful to hear, Janice! I know it can be hard to find a dessert that meets all the different needs, so I’m simply pleased and punch that my recipe is working out for you. 😊
I don’t leave comments much at all but these were absolutely delicious and perfect! We stay away from gluten, dairy and eggs so this recipe was a winner:) I used GF quick oats as that is what I had on hand.
Thank you so much for making the time to share these kind words with me, Jennifer! It really means a lot. So happy you enjoyed the cookies!
Okay these are SO good. I love them with chocolate chips and my partner loves them without. Either way, we are both so happy with this recipe. So fluffy and delicious. Thank you so much!
Yay! I’m so thrilled to hear it Tatiana! Isn’t it the best when both parties can get exactly what they want? 😊 Thanks for taking the time to share the kind words!
Amazing cookie recipe! Followed it exactly. So easy and delicious. Thank you so much!
Woohoo! So happy you enjoyed the cookies Jackie!