Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF, Dairy-Free): an easy recipe for soft, chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with chocolate chips and oats! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Have you ever noticed how many oat–tastic recipes are on Beaming Baker? Or perhaps my true love of vegan chocolate chip cookies? Should I not have pointed that out? Er… Ahem. The thing is, rolled oats and oat flour are two of my favorite ingredients to bake and no-bake with. They’re so easy to use, absorb flavor like it’s their job, and best of all, ridiculously healthy!
Speaking of which, I also never really use the word “healthy” to describe my recipes. Because: Health Trolls! J/k. Ish. Sort of. I just think it’s a very loose-meaning word that can sometimes (and by that I mean always) lead to un-solicited judgment and lots of other not-fun stuff. So we keep it judge-free ‘round these parts and pick and choose which/how many treats we treat ourselves to. 😉
Speaking of which, I’ve definitely been eyeing these gluten free chocolate chip cookies by Gluten Free on a Shoestring! I’m thinking about using vegan butter and a flax egg to make these beauties vegan!
Wait a minute, what was I saying? Right. So ages ago, I started my healthy eating better journey with oats. I was trying day and night to figure out a solution for my mom’s daily oat-despising grumbles. Her doc told her that she had to eat like waaaay more oats than she was already eating: so… more that none.
She started out with the simplest solution: morning breakfasts of punch-sized bowls of oatmeal. Plain oatmeal. Like so plain that it would make that delightful goopy noise while she slooshed through it. Watching her eat those tedious bowls was like watching a Greek tragedy! You’ve never seen anyone so miserable, let me tell you.
So in an effort to make our mornings waaaay less depressing, and my mom waaaaay happier, I started incorporating oats into everything. Such as:
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins
- Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oil-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins… the list goes on and on!
And guess what? It totally worked. Of course, she still eats a bowl of oatmeal every morning because she likes to
have something to complain about eat a nice, hearty serving of non-dessert-sassed up oats. But, she’s finally so much happier about getting her oats in. Especially when I’m making a bath of what she lovingly calls my best gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies recipe.
Today, I present to you one wonderfully delicious way to get your oats in: Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’re packed to the brim with oats in two forms: oat flour and old-fashioned. These aren’t as “h” word as a plain old, punch-sized bowls of boiled oats, but they’re one cookie that you can feel super awesome about eating. (Because you won’t be gagging.)
These Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are:
- made with simple, whole ingredients
- crispy the first day, soft and deliciously chewy the next
- bursting with mouthwatering chocolate goodness
- packed with oats in two forms: rolled oats and oat flour
- vegan, gluten free, dairy free, whole grain (just like these 5 Ingredient No Bake Snickerdoodle Cookies)
- perfectly balanced with the right amount of chocolate chips
- allergy-friendly and plant-based
- texture-rich and so divine
- one delicious way to finally enjoy your oats
- and still have your cookie (and eat it, too)
I hope you love this cookie as much as my mama does. If you don’t, she’ll come after you!! J/k. Ahem. 😉 Grab a few bake tools, your favorite oats (is there such a thing??), and a great, big appetite for COOKIES!! It’s time to get our bake on! I can’t wait to hear what you think. In the meantime, tell me:
When is your favorite time of day to enjoy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Evening, post-dinner
- _____________ (fill in the blank)
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂Print
Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF, Dairy-Free): an easy recipe for soft, chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with chocolate chips and oats! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain.
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats, more below
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour – if using homemade: make sure it’s very finely ground, as coarse flour will result in crumbly cookies
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oats, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and resembles caramel.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in Add-In ingredients: chocolate chips and oats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Gluten Free Vegan Cookies
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Gluten Free Rolled Oats | finely ground: Gluten Free Oat Flour or try Homemade Oat Flour | Vegan Chocolate Chips or Refined Sugar Free Chocolate | Coconut Sugar | Pure Maple Syrup | Ground Flaxseed | Pure Vanilla Extract
- Storage Notes: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Freezing instructions: store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until warm.
- Recommended Tools: Small Cookie Scoop or Medium Cookie Scoop | Baking Pan | Unbleached Parchment Paper | Compostable Snack Bags
- Category: Cookies, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.