Avocado Hummus Wraps: super fresh avocado and hummus on a bed of crispy lettuce come together for a quick picnic-ready wrap! #EasyDinner
Did someone say avocado? Better yet, did someone say avocado hummus wraps?
Oh right, that was me.
It’s kinda cool how having a blog justifies talking to oneself. Right? Riiiiiight? Oh, right, no one’s here to answer me. *Narrows eyes. (Again, at no one.)
Moving on! Avocado and hummus are two of my favorite things to eat. When I met Erik, he was allergic to avocado. Thankfully, that is no longer the case. However, he was already in love with hummus. So half of my work was already done. (I know you’re still wondering about that alleged allergy. Me too. Who knows? It’s all gone now. And that’s all that really matters.)
Well, a little time and some much needed wisdom-getting via my dogged efforts to whip up scintillating avocado recipes later, he loves it. And that’s not just because I made him. Ahem.
Now, enter the picnic-friendly avocado hummus wraps. These wraps include a generous serving of heart-healthy avocado, big scoops of rich hummus, juicy slices of tomatoes, crispy lettuce and magical dashes of spices.
What more do you really need in life?
- A comfortable-yet-sexy pair of shoes.
- A dog who wants to cuddle, but also gives you space after he toots. (No, I’m not talking about Erik. Ahem.)
- A tree in your backyard that not only grows perfectly plump lemons, but also money.
- TWO KitchenAid mixers… one for emergency purposes, of course.
Hmm… well, I guess there really are all kinds of other “basic” life necessities ;). But these avocado hummus wraps, they’ll make you forget about all of those things. At least for a moment. Also, so will these Hasselback Sweet Potatoes from A Mind “Full” Mom! They’d totally be a yummy side for these wraps, right? Then, drizzle in a bit of this Ranch Dressing Recipe from Wholesome Yum! Just be sure to use vegan mayonnaise and vegan sour cream to keep it vegan! 🙂
And that’s all we can ever ask for: the small pleasures in life. Like being able to talk to oneself. Via the Internet. Now go forth, avocado hummus wrap in hand, heart on your sleeve. Hopefully mumbling to yourself like I am.
Don’t forget to let me know what you think. It really does get lonely here. And cold. You know… this is a computer I’m talking to.Print
Super fresh avocado and hummus on a bed of crispy lettuce come together for a quick picnic-ready wrap!
- 2 lavash wraps
- ½ cup of your favorite hummus
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Ground paprika, to taste
- 4 pre-washed lettuce leaves
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, sliced
- 1/8 to ¼ cup minced garlic (to taste)
- 2 medium-sized avocados, sliced
- Setup a large, clean work area. Lay two lavash wraps flat on your work area. Using a medium-sized knife, cut each lavash piece in half.
- Using a spoon, spread hummus across your four pieces of lavash. Sprinkle black pepper, salt and paprika over the hummus layer to taste.
- Pat your lettuce leaves down with a towel to dry them. Lay one lettuce leaf over each of the lavash pieces. Take your tomato slices and layer generously over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over the tomato slices, making sure to leave out the extra juices (juices will make the wrap soggy). Place your avocado slices evenly across the minced garlic.
- Fold the wrap in half to close. Serve immediately!
Best served and eaten immediately. You can also wrap these wraps (heh heh) tightly in wax paper and string, and bring them to a picnic. Just squeeze a little lemon juice over the avocado to keep it pretty!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: sandwiches & wraps
- Cuisine: vegetarian
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.