Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe (V, GF): an easy recipe for chewy, dense chocolate chocolate oatmeal cookies made with cocoa powder and bursting with chocolate flavor and oats. Made with healthy, whole ingredients. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole Grain.
Since Halloween is just around the corner, Erik and I thought we’d start doing face masks. Ya know, to scare the neighborhood children. ???? Was that the intro sentence of the month or what? Hehe.
Remember how in 90s movies (yep, that old enemy of ours!!!), someone with a face mask on would walk by and all the kids would scream?? Like, calm down! It’s not Freddy you-know-who. Yes, I’m too chicken to say his whole name. And proud of it!
So we’ve been doing face masks every weekend to try and counteract the every-thang: sun damage, eating poorly in our 20s, not enough hydration, etc. etc. Basically, stuff that all the skin experts swear are scarier than You Know Who. Shoot… Anyway, who knew there were so many different kinds?
Charcoal, jelly, fruit, peanut butter, avocado, peach… am I talking about face masks or recipes? Who knows at this point… And now I’m getting all the Mrs. Doubtfire vibes (OG edible facemasks, amiright?). Well, you can’t put today’s Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies recipe on your face, but you can eat it or even make it while wearing one of those edible or non-edible face masks.
You can also leave a comment with your fave face masks so Erik and I can truly accomplish our goal of scaring the neighborhood kids with flying colors. 😉
Side note, if you’re a big lover of all oatmeal cookies & more, make sure you give a few of these BB faves a try:
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – a huge reader fave ❤️
- Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – soft and delish!
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe – chewy and friggin satisfying
While I wait to hear about all your faves (both for masks and oatmeal recipes lol), let me tell you about these vegan double chocolate chip chewy oatmeal cookies. They’re fudgy—yes, fudgy! They taste like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and brownies had a baby. And you ate it. Alright, scratch that. They’re not super duper fudgy, just slightly so… they’re moreso an oatmeal cookie that has hints of fudgy brownie flavor. These cookies are way more firm than my beloved reader-fave double chocolate oatmeal cookies, which are on the softer side.
Sometimes, I like to bake these for a few extra minutes to get them nice and firm. Side note: are you interested in crispy oatmeal cookies? I’ve been playing around with a few measurements and throwing around some ideas for a super crispy cookie, but that’s an entirely new frontier here at BB. Let me know!
In the meantime, I know you’ll just love these Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies! Erik and I had to give away most of the fresh-baked batches because we could not keep them in the house. They are irresistible. And if you run a food blog or a food business, you know what I mean when I say you have to give the irresistible stuff away. Or else, it’s all over! Suddenly, you’re the customer and no one’s running the restaurant (or something hehe).
Back on point, allow me to shower you with this Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies recipe’s finest points! They’re:
- bursting with all the chocolate flavor
- chewy, dense and oh-so satisfying
- absolutely jam-packed with chocolate chips
- vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, whole grain
- just the healthy gluten free chocolate chocolate chip oatmeal cookies you’ve been searching for
- allergy-friendly, made with the simple, whole, healthy ingredients you know and love
- even more “from scratch” when made with homemade oat flour (just be sure to grind your oat flour ’til it’s fine… not coarse at all–which will lead to crumbly cookies.)
- soon to be your favorite vegan double chocolate chip cookies recipe
- just the vegan oatmeal cookie to make your day! (along with these double chocolate energy bites!)
I hope you love these gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies as much as Erik and I do! You ready to get your bake on? Let’s do it! I’m so happy that you’re here, sharing in these sweet moments with me. 🙂 There’s nothing that compares to it. I can’t wait to hear what you think. ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
????︎ Click below to Pin ????︎
If you enjoyed these Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Chewy Oatmeal Cookies, then you’ll just love these healthy vegan gluten free cookie recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Good Morning Breakfast Cookies | Healthy Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bars
- Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour - if using homemade, make sure it's very finely ground (not coarse)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, using a rubber spatula, stir together all of the dry ingredients until well-mixed: oats, oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using the spatula, fold and stir until well mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookie dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet, spread evenly apart. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of cookies. Using a fork, flatten to desired thickness—they will only spread a tiny bit. Cookie dough will be sticky.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (on a cooling rack). Transfer cookies directly onto a cooling rack to cool completely before storing. Storing instructions below. Enjoy!
Try my favorite Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Cookies: my Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and my 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (both V+GF).
- Freezing Instructions: store in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Keep for up to 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.