Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies (V, GF): the best coconut cookies! Moist and chewy on the inside, with delicious crispy edges, bursting with amazing coconut flavor. Made with healthy ingredients. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Today we’re celebrating my favorite person’s birthday!!! Erik, you can sit back down. I’m talking about my momma, of course! 😉 Okay, Erik, you can stand up too!! (Second place should get something, right?) Hehe. J/K!
Every year, I make sure to write a post or two or three dedicated to my mom. She’s known as “Popo” in my family, aka “Grandmother” in Chinese, and “Grams” in English. One of her favorite things in the world, besides family and fitness and making fun of my less-stylish-than-hers gym outfits… is coconut!
Omigosh, that was a mouthful!
If you’ve been with me a long time, you know that Grams can not get enough of this drupe! Yep, I had to say drupe. One day, I might even achieve my lifelong dream of saying “drupe” out loud. Stay tuned. Anyway, I’ve dedicated these chocolate coconut bars, this paleo almond joy, friggin’ coconut chocolate chip ICE CREAM, and vegan coconut truffles (!) to her. But by far, one of her very favorites was my paleo vegan coconut macaroons.
Funny thing about those macaroons? If not made with the correct type of coconut flakes, they become… just the thing you did not expect. Which can be quite a bit disappointing. See, if you make those macaroons with these small coconut flakes, you’ll make the most delightfully round, thick, and perfectly tall macaroons. But if you use large coconut flakes, they go flat. Like a thick, delicious pancake that’s actually a cookie. Made out of coconut.
So guess what we did today?
WE MADE ‘EM. With LARGE coconut flakes. Into these Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies. They’re so unbelievably good… sweet and moist on the inside, with crispy, chewy edges on the outside. The Ultimate coconut cookie.
The second my mom saw these, she immediately started making plans to hide and portion them. She has the same problem I do with, ya know, not eating the whole batch. In one sitting. She gushed over them, and asked me, “HOW do you do it??” And I’m like, “HOW do you cook so well?!” My mom thinks it’s the funniest thing in the world that she cooks savory food like a boss, and I pretty much exclusively bake.
Still, I’m in the kitchen, so… like mother, like daughter. 🙂
So will you join me in making a special birthday batch for one of the best moms on the planet? I dedicate everything I do that has any meaning at all, any positive impact at all, to her. She’s my constant inspiration and my guidance.
Love you, Mommy! <3
Here’s a little bit about these Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies, just in case ya needed a quick summary. They’re:
- so easy to make
- the tastiest thin and crispy coconut cookies on the outside, and the most droolworthy chewy ‘n moist coconut cookies on the inside (if ya get my drift) 😉
- made with just 4 ingredients
- paleo, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar-free
- just the perfect healthy coconut cookies to add to your healthy cookie recipe box
- so unbelievably good when paired with my paleo chocolate almond butter bars and my vegan peppermint mocha frappuccino
- soon-to-be your favorite gluten free vegan crispy coconut cookies recipe!
- dedicated to someone super special 🙂
So whaddya think? You grab the cookie scoops, I’ll grab the coconut? 😉 I simply can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe. It’s truly such a joy to share in these kitchen adventures with you. I hope you and your loved ones have a ball making and eating this recipe. ‘Til next time…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
.︎ Click below to Pin .︎
If you enjoyed this Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies recipe, then you’ll just love these coconut & healthy paleo dessert recipes:
Paleo Vegan Coconut Dessert Recipes
- Paleo Apple Crisp with coconut
- Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream | Sweet ‘n Salty Nut Clusters Recipe (coconut-free, but I had to include this one!)
- Paleo Chocolate Coconut Macaroons Recipe
- Lemon Coconut Macaroons and Ultimate Paleo Vegan Fudgy Brownies, just for fun. 😉
Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies (V, GF): the best coconut cookies! Moist and chewy on the inside, with delicious crispy edges, bursting with amazing coconut flavor. Made with healthy ingredients. Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Flourless.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients (coconut, almond flour, oil and maple syrup) to a food processor. You must use large coconut flakes to ensure flat cookies. If you use small coconut flakes, the cookies will not spread.
- Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together, with smaller, but still noticeable coconut pieces. If any maple syrup remains at the bottom of the processor, fold into dough until well mixed.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart–they will spread quite a bit.
- Bake for 12-16 mins, until golden brown around the edges and slightly golden on top. Mine took 15 mins for large cookies. Place baking sheet onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 30 mins-1 hour. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my Paleo Vegan Coconut Macaroons.
– *You must use LARGE coconut flakes for this recipe. Using small-flaked coconut will result in very round, tall cookies that retain the cookie-scoop shape.
– **Solid coconut oil is best for this recipe.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature. If freezing, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months. Allow to thaw for 15 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Cookies, Paleo, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Flourless
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.