How to Make Chia Pudding: learn how to make chia pudding that’s rich and creamy. The best 3 ingredient chia pudding!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (about 13.66oz) or 1 2/3 cup milk of your choice.*
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons chia seeds**
- 1–3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (I used 2 tablespoons)
- Fresh cut fruit
- Coconut whip
- mini chocolate chips
- Set aside 3 mini jars. If using milk, add milk to a medium bowl and skip this step. Scoop entire can of coconut milk into a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 10-second increments in the microwave until fully melted. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Or, set a medium saucepan over low heat and transfer the entire can of full-fat coconut milk into the pan. Heat and stir just until melted and completely smooth. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add maple syrup and whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add more to taste, if needed.
- Add chia seeds and whisk until well incorporated. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Whisk a few more times to stir through clumps and evenly distribute chia seeds. Pour mixture into mini jars, filling each jar almost to the top. These are the resealable mini jars that I use.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours (or overnight if desired) to allow chia pudding to thicken. The longer you refrigerate it, the thicker it’ll be. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Chia Pudding Recipes
*Use full-fat coconut milk for a creamier, thicker and more dessert-like texture. Or, use your favorite non-dairy milk for a lighter treat. I prefer coconut milk, or using unsweetened vanilla almondmilk.
**During testing, I used different amounts of chia seeds, but found that ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons created the best texture that was a balance of soft and firm. You can add 1 or 2 tablespoons more if you like very firm chia pudding. Or, you can remove 1 tablespoon if you like it softer.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container, such as these mini jars, for up to 5-7 days. If using just-made homemade almondmilk, keep for up to 2-3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American