Sharp cheddar cheese, creamy dressing, salty bacon and crisp vegetables make for the delicious & beautiful 7 Layer Salad. Delicious as a side or main, goes well with soup and bread!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head lettuce – rinsed, dried, and shredded or chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion (about 1 onion), chopped
- 2 cups chopped vegetables of choice (cauliflower, artichoke hearts, celery, etc.) – I used cauliflower florets – some folks prefer hard boiled eggs instead for this layer.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 8–10 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup ready to eat bacon of choice (I used vegan bacon)
- Fresh dill and green onions, chopped
- Set aside a glass bowl such as this glass trifle bowl.
- Add Dressing ingredients to a medium bowl: mayonnaise, sour cream, parmesan cheese, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk until well mixed. Keep covered in refrigerator until needed.
- Layer each Salad ingredient in a single, even layer in the bowl: lettuce, grape tomatoes, red onion, vegetables of choice, and peas.
- Retrieve Dressing from the fridge. Spread evenly over the salad.
- Sprinkle Topping ingredients over the dressing: cheddar cheese, bacon, fresh dill and green onions.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator until chilled. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes, Salads, Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American