Crispy and crumbly on the outside, rich and decadent on the inside: the perfect vegan peanut butter coconut cookies to bring you back to the days of Chick-o-sticks and your grandma’s baking.
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs: 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, stirred together and left to set for 5 mins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry mixture to wet mixture. Use a rubber spatula to thoroughly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, spaced evenly apart. You should be able to fit 8-12 cookies onto the sheet, depending on the size of sheet you’re using.
- Press cookie dough balls down slightly. Cookies will not spread while baking.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Check for doneness by gently lifting one cookie with a fork. If the cookie is crispy and a caramel color on the bottom, it’s done. These cookies will be very soft when they’re done.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes, this will allow the cookie bottoms to harden up a bit. Then, if you prefer, you can move these cookies to a cooling rack to finish completely cooling.
Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. Enjoy!
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Dessert, Vegan