Simple, crunchy, sweet-tooth satisfying Chocolate Almond Coconut Granola. This wholesome recipe is perfect for an afternoon snack or dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled, old-fashioned oats
- 1 ¼ cups coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla is okay)
Melting Fun Ingredients
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil or nonstick spray
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line two medium baking sheets with parchment paper or foil (if using foil, coat with nonstick spray). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a spatula to mix together the rolled oats, chopped almonds, coconut, ground flax and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, cocoa powder and maple syrup. Add almond extract and stir until very well incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and stir until well combined. Set your large mixing bowl aside for later. You’ll need it after the granola is done baking.
- Evenly spread the granola over your prepared baking sheets. Create pockets of space between clusters of granola so it can really crisp up.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on one side, then flip the granola over with a spatula. Bake for another 10 minutes. Monitor the granola closely so it doesn’t burn. Don’t worry if the granola is slightly soft. It will harden up as it cools.
- Clear some space in your freezer for a large baking sheet. You’ll need this space later.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil (or spray chips with nonstick spray). Stir until chocolate is soft and just slightly melted. Quickly remove from heat, placing on a insulated surface. Continue stirring until smooth.
- Remove granola from the oven and toss into the large mixing bowl. Pour melted chocolate over granola. Using your spatula, fold until granola is well coated.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Pour the granola onto this sheet, in an even layer. Place the baking sheet, with an insulating cloth underneath, in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Break granola into clusters by hand, as desired. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: snacks