Vegan Coconut Cookies: an easy 4 ingredient recipe for crunchy, crispy vegan cookies packed with three kinds of coconut!
What’s your favorite dessert of the holiday season? If my mom were right next to you, or even across the world, you’d hear her scream: Coconut Cookies!!! Heehee.
As you may well know, my mom is the resident Coconut Expert. She loves all things coconut, including her favorite 5 ingredient vegan coconut chocolate bars, (my favorite) keto coconut ice cream, and these (reader favorite) paleo coconut macaroons.
But her very favorite vegan coconut treat of all time? Today’s Vegan Coconut Cookies! While she loves all things chewy and soft, she occasionally likes to mix things up and go crunchy. So today I’m sharing her favorite crunchy vegan coconut cookies.
Are you ready to see what all the fuss is about? Let’s bake #5 in the 2nd Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! Psst…. There are 5 more delicious vegan cookies to come. 😉
How to Make Vegan Coconut Cookies with a crunch!
Before you even head into the pantry, make sure to get your oven preheating. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bring out your food processor, because we’re using it today! Pour coconut shreds, coconut flour, coconut oil and maple syrup into the bin of the food processor and blend until you get a thick and sticky coconut mixture. Make sure the coconut mixture holds together, because this is your vegan coconut cookie dough.
Grab a small cookie scoop and use it to scoop firmly-packed balls of coconut cookie dough. Drop those balls onto the baking sheet you prepared earlier. Then, use the palm of your hand to press down and flatten the cookies to 1/3” thickness. Here’s the small cookie scoop that I use.
Bake cookies for about 20 mins. Cool and enjoy the best vegan coconut cookies ever!
The 4 ingredients you need
Ingredient 1 – Small Coconut Shreds
Ingredient 2 – Coconut Flour
Ingredient 3 – Coconut Oil
Ingredient 4 – Pure Maple Syrup
The Taste & Texture
You’ll absolutely love the crispy, crunchy texture of these vegan coconut cookies. With just a little bit of chew in the center, these coconut cookies are on the crunchier side.
Coconut Lovers, gather around, because these vegan coconut cookies have 3x the coconut goodness: I used coconut shreds, coconut flour, and coconut oil to ensure that the coconut flavor in these vegan coconut cookies remained purely coconut.
The result? Vegan coconut cookies that boast a warm, toasted coconut flavor that’s both sweet and delicious, just like these chewy vegan coconut cookies.
A super easy recipe for deliciously crunchy & crispy vegan coconut cookies—made with just 4 ingredients!
Recommended Tools for the Best Vegan Coconut Cookies
- Small Coconut Shreds – make sure not to use large coconut shreds in your vegan coconut cookies, as they’ll ruin your cookies by melting your dough into blob-y piles. Lol! These small coconut shreds are the best–no added sugars or oil and it’s vegan, with incredible coconut flavor. It’s what I used to develop these tasty vegan coconut cookies!
- Coconut Flour – My favorite kind of flour to use in coconut everything–it keeps the coconut recipe coconutty while keeping the carbs down.
- Food Processor – this is my favorite food processor! It’s so easy to use, reliable and good for making everything from vegan coconut cookies to coconut ice cream to coconut bars.
- Small Cookie Scoop – I usually have you make cookies with a medium cookie scoop, but these cookies are best aka the crunchiest when made in smaller portions. Make sure to use this small cookie scoop when scooping out your coconut cookie dough.
How’d you like learning all the ins and outs of vegan coconut cookies? Crunchy enough for you? 🙂 Let’s put on all the holiday tunes and bake the best crunchy coconut cookies ever! I can’t wait to hear what you think—be sure to comment below if you make these! ‘Til the next tasty baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
2nd Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown
Welcome to the 2nd Annual Beaming Baker Vegan Cookie Countdown! This year, we’re continuing the baking tradition of sharing 8 vegan cookie recipes that you’ll love. Are you excited?!
- #8: Keto Macaroons Recipe (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
- #7: Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- #6: 4 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Bars
- #5: 4 ingredient Crunchy Vegan Coconut Cookies – This Recipe
- #4: 2 Ingredient Vegan Fudge Recipe – 5 Mins Prep
- #3: 3 Ingredient Keto Nut Clusters (Low Carb)
- #2: Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- #1: 4 Ingredient Ultimate Chewy Vegan Coconut Cookies (Gluten Free, Paleo)
- Last year: 1st Annual Vegan Cookie Countdown
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.