The best coconut milk ice cream—bursting with coconut flavor & low carb. Keto coconut ice cream that has just 1 net carb per serving!
This coconut keto ice cream is sugar-free, only has 1g of net carbs and 117 calories per serving!
Welcome to the first keto ice cream of this summer! Scratch that, I actually just remembered that I shared this Strawberry Keto Ice Cream (Low Carb) a few weeks ago.
How’s that for summer brain! Also, it’s not technically summer until June 20, according to my controlling calendar, but whatever. 😉 It’s summer when the ice cream recipes start rolling out. And that’s final!
Okay, I admit that I’m a bit energetic right now because I’m that friggin excited about sharing another keto ice cream recipe with you. For years now, y’all have been emailing me, DM’ing me, and skywriting to me that you need All the Keto Ice Cream Recipes. Okay, fine… no one skywrote anything to me. But one can hope, can’t one? 😉
>>Related: Keto Coconut Macaroons Recipe | 3 Ingredient Keto Nut Clusters | Crunchy Keto Coconut Cookies – 4 Ingredient
So today, we’re gonna do keto ice cream up real nice by making Coconut Milk Keto Ice Cream! Today’s recipe is my favorite keto coconut ice cream. It’s creamy, rich, smooth, silky and oh-so-satisfying. Plus, it totally counts as a low carb ice cream. Plus plus, it’s made with just a few ingredients! And if you needed an extra keto treat, try my 2 Ingredient EASY Keto Fudge Recipe – 5 min prep!.
How to Make Keto Coconut Ice Cream
The day before, make sure to freeze the freezer bowl that comes with your ice cream maker. Here’s the ice cream maker that I use. Make sure it’s frozen completely solid before prepping the keto coconut ice cream mixture.
Add coconut milk, coconut cream, vanilla, coconut extract and keto honey into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add liquid monkfruit to taste. Optionally, blend in coconut chips—I highly recommend this for adding delicious coconut texture.
Pour your keto coconut milk ice cream mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker. Churn until firm.
Enjoy the best keto coconut ice cream! Or, if you like your keto ice cream on the firmer side, pour into an ice cream container and chill until as firm as desired.
6 Ingredients for Keto Coconut Ice Cream
- Ingredient #1: Full-fat Coconut Milk
- Ingredient #2: Coconut Cream
- Ingredient #3: Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ingredient #4: Coconut Extract
- Ingredient #5: Keto Vegan Honey
- Ingredient #6: Low Carb Monkfruit Sweetener
- Optional: raw coconut chips (which are also great in my vegan coconut chocolate bars)
Is Coconut Milk Keto?
Yes, unsweetened canned coconut milk is keto. Just make sure you do not use sweetened coconut milk. Today, we are using coconut milk that’s canned, not the drinking milk (the kind that comes in a container like regular milk).
Canned coconut milk is keto because it’s high in fat, very low in carbs and super low in sugar.
For one serving, coconut milk usually has about 12g of fat, 2g of carbs and 1g sugar. This is the coconut milk that I use.
Coconut Cream or Coconut Milk Keto Ice Cream?
Both! Today’s keto coconut ice cream is made with both coconut cream and coconut milk. So… is it a coconut milk keto ice cream? Check! Is it a coconut cream keto ice cream? Double check!
Is Ice Cream Keto?
Yes and no. Alright, that’s kind of skirting answering the actual question. But here’s the deal: most ice cream recipes are not keto. But this ice cream is keto. This keto coconut ice cream is low carb and keto-friendly. Meaning: high in fat, low carb, and moderate to little protein. Woohoo! In fact, this recipe has just 2g of total carbs, and only 1g of net carbs per serving. Yaaaas.
Tools for the Best Coconut Milk Keto Ice Cream
- Coconut Milk + Coconut Cream: you’ll need both coconut milk and coconut cream to make today’s keto coconut ice cream. Both lend a creamy, rich and delicious texture to your keto ice cream.
- Keto Honey: a staple in my keto pantry. Deliciously thick and viscous just like real honey. It has a warm, rich, sweet flavor that’s pleasing, and a thickness that comes in handy for tricky recipes that really don’t need any liquidy sweetener.
- Coconut Extract: <<– the mini-boost that takes this coconut milk keto ice cream to the TOP. This coconut extract adds that soothing, satisfying coconut flavor you grew up with. So tasty and delish.
- Ice Cream Maker: I seriously love this ice cream maker. It’s minimalist, cute and easy to use. It’s very highly rated (and not just by yours truly). Best of all? It’s affordable. Yeah! Psst: make sure to get extra freezer bowls and freeze them in advance so you can make multiple batches of keto ice cream, one after another. 😉
- My Favorite Food Processor: yep, the name speaks for itself. I love this affordable and easy-to-use kitchen tool that works for everything. I use it to make homemade nut butters, all of my ice cream recipes and more. The uses are endless + it’s durable enough to last throughout it all.
How’d you like making keto coconut ice cream? Ooooh, are you gonna add 2x the amount of raw coconut chips because you like it chunky? 😉 However you like it, I just hope you truly do. Thanks so much for stopping by and making ice cream with me. I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think! ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
- Vanilla Keto Ice Cream Recipe (Keto, Low Carb)
- Coconut Milk Keto Ice Cream – Keto Coconut Ice Cream
- Homemade Cashew Coconut Milk Vegan Ice Cream (Keto)
- 4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream (Keto)
- Chocolate Keto Ice Cream Recipe (Low Carb)
- Strawberry Keto Ice Cream (Low Carb)
Coconut Milk Keto Ice Cream – Keto Coconut Ice Cream: the best coconut milk ice cream—bursting with coconut flavor & low carb. Keto coconut ice cream that has just 1 net carb per serving!
Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.66 oz.)
- 1 can coconut cream (13.66 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons keto honey
- 20–30 drops of liquid monkfruit sweetener*
- ½ cup raw coconut chips
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut chips
- The day before, freeze the freezer bowl according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Blend together coconut milk, coconut cream, vanilla, coconut extract, and keto honey in a food processor. Here is the food processor I use. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed. Blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Add liquid monkfruit to taste. I used 26 drops. Blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Optionally, add coconut chips and pulse a few times until semi-chopped and well incorporated. For larger flakes, stop here. For smaller flakes, pulse a few more times.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Follow directions for making ice cream according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Enjoy immediately if you like extra, super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into an ice cream container and freeze for 2-5 hours, until firm.
- Coconut keto ice cream is best the first day. On Day 2 and forward, set ice cream out at room temperature to thaw for 20-90 minutes, until creamy and scoopable. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
*I used 26 drops. Use less if you like it less sweet, more if you like it sweeter.
Storing Notes: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly ice cream container, such as this one. If serving after completely frozen, allow about 20-90 minutes to thaw—until creamy and scoopable.
For Quick Thaw: heat in the microwave in 10 second increments until the edges are a bit melty and ice cream is easy to scoop.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 2g, Net Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: keto coconut ice cream, coconut milk ice cream
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.