an easy recipe for dark chocolate peanut butter cups that are vegan, delicious and made with simple ingredients.
Dark Chocolate. Peanut Butter Cups. Need I say more? (Oh, you know I always say more. And have more to say. Ahem.) Because: today’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups are the best!
What’s your favorite brand of dark chocolate? I’ve tried so many that sometimes I actually scoff at any chocolate that’s less than 70% cacao.
Then I realize that chocolate is chocolate no matter the cocoa content and proceed to eat all the chocolate. I mean, I’ve still got my wits about me, ya know?
The good news is, whether or not you’re a fan of dark chocolate with 92% cacao content or chocolate with 1% cacao content (dude, that’s just a bar of milk at that point), you’ll be able to choose what you use to make your 4 ingredient dark chocolate peanut butter cups.
You lovin’ the sound of that? Let’s make these vegan delights!
How to Make Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Grab a 12-cup silicone pan and set it atop a baking sheet. Make sure to clear some space in the freezer for this sheet—you’ll use it later.
Make the Peanut Butter Layer
Stir and fold together all the peanut butter layer ingredients in a medium bowl: peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut flour.
Scoop and drop balls of the peanut butter mixture into the silicone pan. Use a spoon to flatten each ball into a smooth, even layer.
Make the Chocolate Topping
Melt the dark chocolate and peanut butter together to create the chocolate topping. Stir it all together until smooth.
Spoon the melted chocolate topping over the peanut butter layers you created earlier. Tap the pan to smooth it all out.
Freeze & Enjoy
Freeze the pan until all the dark chocolate peanut butter cups are firm. Pop each one out and enjoy the best dark chocolate peanut butter cups!
The 4 ingredients you need for delectable dark chocolate peanut butter cups (vegan)
I like using natural, unsalted peanut butter. You can use the salted variety if you like, but just make sure it’s creamy and liquidy—that consistency will work well with the amount of coconut flour I’ve listed in this peanut butter cup recipe.
I love using dark chocolate in this recipe because it truly brings out the sweetened peanut butter flavor, but you can use any chocolate you’d like. You can also chop up a chocolate bar to use in place of vegan dark chocolate chips. Here’s my favorite dark chocolate bar.
Pure Maple Syrup
One of my favorite refined sugar-free sweeteners. With just 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, you’ll be able to create a perfectly sweet, but not too sweet, peanut butter layer for your dark chocolate peanut butter cups. And keep them vegan!
Coconut flour works beautifully in this vegan peanut butter cups recipe because it thickens so well. This ingredient ensures that the peanut butter layer isn’t runny or liquidy so you can sink your teeth right into these dark chocolate peanut butter cups.
Storing and Freezing Your Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Room Temperature & Refrigerator
For the first day, be sure to keep your vegan dark chocolate peanut butter cups in the refrigerator. Day 2 and forward, the dark chocolate topping will have already set, so you’ll be clear to store your peanut butter cups at room temperature. Just make sure to keep them away from direct sunlight and away from heat sources—cuz that’ll melt the cups! 😉
To freeze, store your dark chocolate peanut butter cups in a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Keep the cups in the freezer for 1-2 months. Just thaw them before enjoying.
Unbelievably easy-to-make dark chocolate peanut butter cups—with a super thick layer of dark chocolate topping and mouthwatering peanut butter delight. Vegan.
Interesting Links & Shop for Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- My Favorite Dark Chocolate Bar – this can be used in place of dark chocolate chips in these peanut butter cups. Just make sure to chop up the bar before measuring.
- Coconut Flour
- If you just wanna buy them: I’ve heard of Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Vegan.
You’re a fan of 98% cacao dark chocolate?!? Oh, snap! Okay, I admit it, you’re harder than me!! I throw down my white glove (wait a minute… something’s wrong here)—er, I take down my white flag or something. You win! 😉 All jokes aside, I’m so grateful that you’re here, sharing in these tasty chocolate adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Treats
- 4 Ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Muffins Recipe (Dairy Free)
- 4 Ingredient Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Sea Salt KIND Nut Bars
- 4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars
4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Vegan): an easy recipe for dark chocolate peanut butter cups that are vegan, delicious and made with simple ingredients.
- Set a 12-cup silicone pan on top of a baking sheet. You can also line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later. Set aside.
- Make the Peanut Butter Layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients.Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well-mixed and thickened, with no visible flour patches remaining.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop and drop peanut butter balls into the prepared silicone tray. Using a spoon, flatten peanut butter mixture into smooth, even layers.
- Make the Chocolate Topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Transfer pan to freezer. Freeze for 20-30 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and pop out peanut butter cups. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Treats
Storing Instructions: On the first day, these cups are best stored in the refrigerator, as the chocolate topping hasn’t fully set yet. Serve and enjoy within 1 hour. After the first day, you may store these cups in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator (1-2 weeks). Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
Freezing Instructions: These cups freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Melt
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dark chocolate peanut butter cups, vegan
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.