4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars: this vegan peanut butter oatmeal bars recipe is so easy to make & tastes like peanut butter cups! Chewy peanut butter oatmeal bars with a thick, chocolate topping. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Healthy.
What are your favorite snacks to bring with you on-the-go? Erik and I love walking all over the place, so we’re always searching/looking for ways to make healthy vegan treats that stay yummy without a fridge and are super portable.
I mean… unless you’ve got a teeny-tiny, like nearly microscopic mini-fridge/purse you can recommend? 😉 J/K!
I’ve noticed over many, many meal preps/snack preps for our excursions that no bake snacks truly fit the bill. They’re so easy to make, easy to customize with gluten free ingredients, and are seriously yummy.
Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Bars (Vegan)
One of our favorites? These vegan + gluten free chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars! They’re made with just 4 ingredients, come together without an oven (wahooo!!) and are dairy-free, protein-rich, vegan and gluten free!
These healthy no bake peanut butter oat bars taste like peanut butter cups. Layer 1: a chewy, sweet peanut butter oat bar layer made with just 3 healthy ingredients. Layer 2: a thick ‘n rich vegan chocolate peanut butter topping. Result: the best chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars that taste like Reese’s peanut butter cups!
Healthy Peanut Butter Oat Bars with just 4 Ingredients!
I love using unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter to make these healthy peanut butter oat bars! Since I make many of these recipes with my mom in mind, I’m vigilant to leave out any unnecessary sources of sodium, like salted peanut butter. You can try that if you like, just keep in mind that it’ll affect the flavor of these gluten free peanut butter oat bars. It’s the same PB that I use in my 3 Ingredient Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs.
Gluten Free Oats
Make sure to use gluten free rolled oats aka old-fashioned oats to make these vegan peanut butter oatmeal bars. Quick oats, or 1-minute oats are much thinner and will yield a different result. For more tasty PB oatmeal recipe try my Healthy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats Recipe (Vegan, Gluten Free) and my 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Cups.
Pure Maple Syrup
Pure maple syrup is one of my favorite ingredients to use in vegan gluten free baking. The flavor & sweetness of maple syrup is incredible! Plus, it makes these healthy peanut butter oat bars refined sugar-free (just make sure to use a vegan chocolate that’s refined sugar-free).
Vegan Chocolate Chips
There are a variety of dairy-free/vegan chocolate chips available. These vegan chocolate chips are allergy-friendly and melt very smoothly. Here’s another popular brand of allergy-friendly vegan chocolate chips. You might also try chopping up this paleo chocolate bar to ensure that these healthy peanut butter oat bars are not only gluten-free & healthy, but also refined sugar-free.
Can I Freeze these Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars?
Yes! I actually have a batch of these vegan peanut butter oatmeal bars in my freezer as we speak. To Freeze: after chilling and slicing, carefully place chocolate peanut butter oat bars in a freezer-friendly container or bag. Freeze oat bars for up to 2 months. Remember to thaw the oatmeal bars before enjoying!
Recipes Like Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
Here are my favorite recipes that are similar to these chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars (all vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free):
- 4 Ingredient Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars: these no bake peanut butter bars are easy to make & are the dessert version of this healthy no bake peanut butter oatmeal bars recipe!
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe: these healthy energy bites are protein-rich, also taste like peanut butter cups & are super easy to make.
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies: sometimes, Erik and I like to shake things up and make no bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies instead of oatmeal bars!
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites Recipe: if you’re looking for healthy peanut butter oatmeal bars minus the oatmeal (and in bite form), try my super popular no bake peanut butter energy bites recipe.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars: a baked peanut butter oatmeal treat that still qualifies as breakfast!
- Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies: one of my favorite gluten free combos: peanut butter + coconut!
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies: for no bake fans: a chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookie that’s similar to my healthy no bake peanut butter oat bars recipe. 🙂
- 5 Ingredient No Bake Snickerdoodle Cookies: for when you’re in the mood for a seasonal no bake treat. I make these with cashew butter, but peanut butter will totally work, too!
Best Tools for Gluten Free No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Click on the links below to see the tools & ingredients I used to make these healthy no bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars!
- 8-inch Baking Pan – I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve used this pan for gluten free baking. It’s awesome!
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – a fantastic brand of vegan, gluten-free and soy-free chocolate chips.
- Natural Unsalted Creamy Peanut Butter – my favorite brand of natural peanut butter, perfect for making healthy peanut butter oat bars. And yes, I do buy PB in bulk. 😉
- My Favorite Knife – this knife is so sharp! Perfect for getting those super-straight cuts when slicing these vegan chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars.
- GF Rolled Oats – you can’t make gluten free peanut butter oatmeal bars without oats, and this is a great brand to use.
- Maple Syrup – a vegan baking staple, I’ve always got a bottle (or 3) in my kitchen.
If you try my healthy peanut butter cup oat bars recipe, let me know in the comments below! It’s always so much fun sharing in these kitchen adventures with you. I can’t wait to hear what you think. ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars: this vegan peanut butter oatmeal bars recipe is so easy to make & tastes like peanut butter cups! Chewy peanut butter oatmeal bars with a thick, chocolate topping. Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free.
Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 1 cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free rolled oats
Vegan Chocolate Topping
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Make the Peanut Butter Oat Bars: In a medium, microwave-safe bowl (large enough to add oats later), add peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk together until well-mixed. Heat in 20-second increments in the microwave until warm, fragrant and thickened. Whisk in between heating increments.
- Add oats. Stir and fold until thoroughly combined. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth into an even, tightly-packed layer. Set aside.
- Make the Vegan Chocolate Topping: Use the double boiler method or do the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add Chocolate Topping ingredients. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the bars. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer.
- Freeze for 30-40 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 bars. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars and my 4 Ingredient Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Vegan Chocolate Chips | Unsalted, Natural Creamy Peanut Butter | Gluten Free Rolled Oats | Pure Maple Syrup
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container such as these reusable zip bags in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Note: After the first day in the refrigerator, you may store these in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Freezing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly, airtight container for 1-2 months. These reusable bags are freezer friendly. Allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Recommended Tools: Unbleached Parchment Paper | Reusable Zip Bags | 8-inch Baking Pan | My Favorite Knife | Heatproof Spatulas
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 16 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: peanut butter oat bars, vegan peanut butter oatmeal bars, chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars, healthy no bake peanut butter oatmeal bars, gluten free, 4 ingredient
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.