The ultimate healthy edible cookie dough recipe yields rich ‘n satisfying healthy cookie dough bites wrapped in velvety chocolate.
Healthy cookie dough truffles. Is there even such a thing? YES! Today’s healthy cookie dough truffles are so amazing that you’ll be saving this recipe to make for one of those days, special occasions for your loved ones, and just straight-up Wednesdays (because: Wednesdays).
Erik and I love celebrating our love for chocolate, um, each other, with healthy homemade chocolate treats that we can make together, swap, and feed each other. Alright, we really need to cool down on the cringe factor here, folks!! TMI, much?
But seriously, every time Erik tries to feed me, I’m like, what the frack are you doing?! I’m not a baby! Babies don’t eat cookie dough anyway (I don’t think…). Lol. More power to those of you who like feeding each other. I’m cool with feeding Erik, but not the other way around. Must be a power/control issue. Uh… enough of this deep psychological stuff that truly need not be examined! Moving on…
Who’s ready to learn, sharpen and lengthen (or something) their skills on the topic of healthy edible cookie dough truffles? Yay!!! I’m almost 99.9% positive all of you raised your hands. At the screen. 😉 Alright, let’s do this!
How to Make Healthy Cookie Dough Truffles
First things first, make this gluten free edible cookie dough and be sure to follow the steps to make the cookie dough into bites.
Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Melt this healthier chocolate and stir it until softened and smooth.
Dip your cookie dough bites into the melted chocolate. I like to make a swirl on top of each ball for pizzazz, but that’s up to you and your pizzazz levels. 😉 Set each cookie dough ball onto the prepared sheet.
Set & Enjoy
Allow the chocolate to set, then enjoy the best healthy cookie dough truffles!!
Healthy Cookie Dough Made with Healthy Ingredients
Almond Flour [buy here]
One of the best healthy flours if eaten in moderation. Almond flour is a great healthy ingredient because it’s nutrient-rich, low carb and high in fiber . In just one ounce, you can expect 31% of your rdi of manganese, just 5.6 grams of carbs and 6 grams of protein.
Pure Maple Syrup, Coconut Oil
Coconut Flour [buy here]
A delicious low carb, grain free flour made from coconuts. This is one of my favorite healthy ingredients because it’s low fat, high in fiber (5 grams per 2 tablespoons)  and is so friggin’ good at absorbing wet ingredients. A little bit goes a long way.
Paleo Vegan Chocolate [buy here]
This is one of my favorite chocolates because it’s gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar-free. Chop up a few of these bars and fold them into your cookie dough for a healthier treat.
How to Store this Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
Store your healthy edible cookie dough truffles at room temperature for up to 1 week. Melted chocolate can tend to set with a bit of milky swirl in it, so I usually like to make these day of, but it’s up to you. 😉
Decadent healthy cookie dough wrapped in rich chocolate for the best edible cookie dough truffles!
It must be a power/control issue, dontcha think? J/k!! We’ll discuss this via dm. Lol. 😉 Are you ready to make the most delicious healthy cookie dough recipe with me? I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. ‘Til our next healthy kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Delicious Cookie Dough Recipes
- Healthy Vegan Cookie Dough Recipe (Edible!)
- Paleo Almond Flour Cookie Dough Bars
- Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough (GF)
- Dairy-Free Coconut Flour Cookie Dough
- Looking for a keto version? Try my Keto Cookie Dough Recipe!
Healthy Cookie Dough Truffles: the ultimate healthy edible cookie dough recipe yields rich ‘n satisfying healthy cookie dough bites wrapped in velvety chocolate.
- Make Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, wax paper or a silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate: Use the double-boiler method or do the following. Add chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 20 seconds, remove and stir. Repeat until chocolate is just softened. Stop and stir frequently.
- Dip the cookie dough balls: Roll cookie dough balls in chocolate and drop onto prepared baking sheet. I like to use one spoon and two forks for this step (or you could use a candy dipper). Use the spoon to roll the ball, and the two forks to pick up the truffle and roll off excess chocolate.
- Optionally, sprinkle chopped paleo chocolate on top of each truffle for decoration.
- Allow to set at room temperature, about 30 minutes. Or, place baking sheet into the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from freezer. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Delicious Cookie Dough
Storing Instructions: Store for 1-2 week in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Melt
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy cookie dough recipe, healthy edible cookie dough
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.