Maple Sesame Almonds (V+GF): An easy recipe for skillet-roasted maple sesame almonds made with just 6 ingredients. Vegan and Gluten Free.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsalted, raw almonds
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Place a large, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar and salt. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add in almonds and increase heat to medium. Stir until almonds are thoroughly coated.
- Stir occasionally (about once every few minutes), allowing almonds to soak in the sugar mixture. Watch the almonds closely. When the almonds become fragrant and smell roasted, you are close to being done. This will take 8-10 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the sugar mixture is almost completely soaked up and the almonds are sticky like taffy.
- Now, decrease the heat to low. Add in sesame seeds and stir until well incorporated. This will take 1-2 minutes.
- Pour almonds onto the prepared baking sheet, creating an even, spread out layer. Set baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Enjoy!
– Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Snacks, Vegan, Gluten Free