No Bake Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (V+GF): the perfect protein-rich, on-the-go snack that’s super easy to make, full of simple ingredients and delicious. Vegan and Gluten Free.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour*
- ½ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, let set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or other add-ins of your choice
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, coconut and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to stir ingredients together until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Spread granola bar mixture into an even layer, pressing down until it’s tightly packed and smooth.
- Place baking pan in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Lift bars out of the baking pan. Set onto an even surface and slice into 12-18 bars. Enjoy!
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. You may also freeze these for up to a month.
– Storing at room temperature: These bars will be slightly soft, but still keep together at room temperature. If you’re bringing these as a snack, make sure to store them in a hard container, like a Tupperware.
– *To make homemade oat flour: place rolled oats into a blender. Blend until you get a just slightly grainy flour. Remember: 1 cup of rolled oats does not equal 1 cup of oat flour. You’ll need to blend more rolled oats to create less flour- the oats decrease in volume as you turn it into a flour. It’s easiest to blend up a big batch of oat flour, and just scoop out what’s needed for any recipe.
– Adapted from my No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars.
- Category: Vegan, Gluten Free, No Bake