Easy sautéed kale with tartly sweet cranberries, studded with crunchy pecans and a delightful drizzle of cozy maple syrup.
Okay, but how is it already nearly Thanksgiving?!? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! I’m going to be sharing so many wonderful recipes for the big day, including today’s Sautéed Kale with maple, cranberries, and pecans.
What a delicious flavor combo, amiright?
I can’t wait for you to try this mouthwatering vegetable side dish with me. Let’s go!
Everything You’ll Need to Make Sautéed Kale with Maple
- Kale – curly or lacinato will do here
- Onion – chopped white onions add just a bit of savory flavor to balance the sweet maple and cranberries
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
- Dried Cranberries – make sure to use dried, not fresh, for delicious sweetness
- Pecans – pecans straight out of the baking aisle will do nicely here. You can also make candied pecans for added sweetness.
- Maple Syrup – you can use as much or as little as you’d like to make sautéed kale
How to Make Sautéed Kale with Maple, Cranberries, and Pecans
To start this sautéed kale recipe, prep the kale by washing, drying, then destemming.
Next, wash, peel, and cut onion into ½-inch strips. Use your fingers to separate the individual strands.
Then, add onion, salt, and pepper to a large sauté pan set over medium heat and coated in 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil.
Cook onions until slightly caramelized, with sear marks.
Then, get ready to rock and roll. This part will happen quickly.
Add half of the kale, the flip the hot onions from the bottom of the pan onto the kale.
Now, add 2-3 tablespoons water into the pan. You’ll hear a sizzling sound.
Then, add in the rest of the kale, water, and dried cranberries.
Stir everything together just until the kale wilts—but not longer to prevent major shrinkage.
Quickly remove the kale from the heat, and transfer to a plate.
Top with pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy the best sautéed kale with cranberries!
Tools You’ll Need
Lovely Vegetable Side Dishes
Yummy Recipes, Anyone?
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️Print
More Delicious Recipes
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Asian Salad with Asian Salad Dressing
- Cranberry Chia Snack Bars
- Roasted Garlic Aioli
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.