Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie (V+GF): A cool, refreshing and super thick strawberry smoothie that tastes just like a strawberry fruit popsicle! Vegan and Gluten Free.
When I was a little kid, I used to think that summer school was just an excuse to get all of us youngin’s wrangled into one place, so the adults could go party. Or vacay, or whatever fun things they were doing (like eating big bags of chips in their pajamas and watching cartoons).
Well, I thought knew that summer school was just their way of making us do more un-fun things. Again, I was quite the trusting child. But, no matter what, summer could not be ruined—by fake school, or those stuffy classrooms full of chalk—as long as there were popsicles. And especially, if there were…
You know the ones I’m talking about! They tasted like fruit made into sugar, made into popsicles. They tasted the way strawberries looked like they tasted in cartoons (with perfectly bright green stems and carefully placed seeds). There was just something special about biting into one of those strawberry popsicles.
Especially after a long day of inhaling chalk dust and cooking on that summer asphalt.
But wait! What could this legendary, spoken only in hushed tones Strawberry Popsicle (that deserves it’s own capitalization, even!) have to do with my Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie?
I’m so happy you asked! Well, when I started blending this baby up (scary visual…), my goal was to make a smoothie that was healthy, refreshing, and easy to make. Now, don’t fret, it’s still all of these things.
But the thing is, when I popped a straw into one of these babies (hmm…) and took a testing sip, I suddenly became seven years old again. Gently roasting in my oversized shoes, glasses askew, wholly awkward and unsure of everything.
Everything except this Strawberry Popsicle Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie.
That’s how yum-tastic this is. Yep, even enough to warrant the use of a word such as “yum-tastic.” Even that. 😉
So, what do you think? Are ya kinda over doing whatever you’re doing right now? Whether it’s gently melting into a puddle in your office chair… or drifting off during a lecture about whatchamacallit?
If that sounds about right, check out this strawberry deliciousness. Here are a few spectacular features of my Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie. It’s:
- tasty like a strawberry popsicle
- super quick and easy to make
- made of just 4 ingredients
- cool and refreshing, as promised
- vegan and gluten free
- as fun as watching cartoons, kinda
- healthy, of course!
Strawberry lovers, gather ‘round, wear your strawberry pajamas proudly and get all of your strawberry-shaped stickers and other fun stuff ready, we’re gonna have some fun!
☀︎ If you try this recipe, take a pic and tag #beamingbaker to let me know you’ve given this a whirl.
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups almond milk, divided
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- In a small bowl, add chia seeds and ½ cup of almond milk. Give it a good whisk, until thoroughly combined. Cover and let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Add bananas and the remaining 1 cup of almond milk to a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add strawberries, blending until mostly smooth. Don’t worry—adding the chia seed milk later on will help blend it smooth.
- Take the chia seed mixture out of the fridge—it should have thickened to a gel-like consistency. Give it another good whisk. Using a rubber spatula or spoon, scrape the chia seed mixture out of the cup and into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups, and enjoy immediately!
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
Yep, Mango Lovers can rejoice! There’s a mango version of this bad boy here: Mango Chia Seed Smoothie (Vegan).
How’s about some snacks for your smoothie? Try my perfectly chewy, perfectly portable No Bake Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free). Yep, they taste just like oatmeal cookies. 😉
What’s your favorite childhood summer treat?
I can’t wait to hear your responses.