4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (Vegan): an easy recipe for dark chocolate peanut butter cups that are vegan, delicious and made with simple ingredients.
- Set a 12-cup silicone pan on top of a baking sheet. You can also line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later. Set aside.
- Make the Peanut Butter Layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients.Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well-mixed and thickened, with no visible flour patches remaining.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop and drop peanut butter balls into the prepared silicone tray. Using a spoon, flatten peanut butter mixture into smooth, even layers.
- Make the Chocolate Topping: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Topping ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Transfer pan to freezer. Freeze for 20-30 minutes, or until firm. Remove from freezer and pop out peanut butter cups. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Treats
Storing Instructions: On the first day, these cups are best stored in the refrigerator, as the chocolate topping hasn’t fully set yet. Serve and enjoy within 1 hour. After the first day, you may store these cups in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator (1-2 weeks). Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
Freezing Instructions: These cups freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Melt
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dark chocolate peanut butter cups, vegan