this 5 ingredient no bake brownies recipe yields deliciously soft ‘n dense no bake vegan brownies that’ll satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Happy Saturday!! (Finally!) What better way to kick off the weekend than no bake brownies? Make that no bake vegan brownies. The crowd goes wild!! Why yes, I do need my very own hype machine over here. <– I read that out loud and Erik started whopping for me, Arsenio Hall-style.
Now that January is finally over, we can put all of our bulky gym equipment away, make like 100 vegan gluten free brownies, cancel our shiny new online gym subscriptions, make 200 vegan chocolate cakes, and quit being healthy!!
Said no one ever.
Well, February is ALL about the chocolate (and the best vegan brownies), but we need not get any whiplash whence, yep whence, transitioning from healthy-friggin’ January to chocolicious Feb. Amiright? (And you can totally make those vegan gluten free brownies on the side as well, if you like.)
So how’s about we start the chocolatiest month ever with a gentle, easy and so-friggin-delish no bake vegan brownies recipe? Let’s no bake this!
How to Make No Bake Brownies
To make this no bake vegan brownies recipe, simply follow these steps:
Add Dates & Almond Butter
Add dates and almond butter to a food processor.
Blend until you get a sticky, dough-like ball. Add almonds and blend again as directed.
Then, add in the remainder of the ingredients and blend until the no bake vegan brownie mixture is well mixed.
Press, Chill & Slice
Press mixture into a pan, chill until firm and slice! You can also do a fun chocolate drizzle. Enjoy the best no bake vegan brownies!
what kind of substitutions can i make in this no bake brownies recipe?
Can I use another dried fruit instead of dates?
Yes! Just keep in mind that the flavor of the fruit will affect the flavor of the no bake brownies.
Can I use regular unsweetened cocoa powder?
Yes! I prefer using this raw cacao powder in this no bake brownies recipe, but you may use unsweetened cocoa powder if you desire.
Can I swap the almonds for another kind of nut?
Yes, however all nuts blend & release oil differently. Just keep that in mind.
Brittany says, “Love this recipe!!! I added chocolate chips and walnuts. Thank you!”
Ellen says, “Demeter, these are fabulous! I’ve had other raw brownies, but with a different texture. This is moist and very close to seeming like it was baked—I’m not sure I would have picked up on them being raw brownies. A lot of other recipes use walnuts, which are okay and healthy, but not my favorite. And none use almond butter. So good, so easy to make. Your directions were perfect. My only tweak was to place cacao nibs on them for decoration and added nutrition and crunch.”
Mike says, “These are crazy good! The dates bring a lot of texture and flavor for sure. Curious now to try this exact recipe with other dried fruits. Looking forward to experimenting!”
easy and delicious no bake vegan brownies—all you need are 5 ingredients!
Great Tools for the Best No Bake Vegan Brownies
Click the links below to check out my favorite tools & ingredients used to make this recipe.
- Medjool Dates – super yummy dates that stay fresh for ages!
- My Favorite Food Processor – such a great food processor! I use it to make everything from homemade nut butters to ice cream to… no bake vegan brownies! 😉
- Raw Cacao Powder – delightfully unrefined and a more nutrient-rich alternative to unsweetened cocoa powder. 🙂
- Unsalted Natural Creamy Almond Butter or Raw Creamy Almond Butter
- 8-inch Baking Pan – my favorite baking pan to use in so many recipes!
Are you ready to no bake this? Let’s do it!! It’s truly so wonderful learning all about baking & creating these tasty vegan desserts with you. I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think. ‘Til the next yummy vegan adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Delicious Vegan Brownies
- Vegan Gluten Free Brownies (GF, Dairy Free)
- Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies Recipe – Easy Paleo Chocolate Brownies!
- Vegan Banana Brownies Recipe
- Best Vegan Brownies Recipe – Easy ‘n Moist!
No Bake Vegan Brownies: this 5 ingredient no bake brownies recipe yields deliciously soft ‘n dense no bake vegan brownies that’ll satisfy your chocolate cravings!
No Bake Brownies
- 11 Medjool dates, pitted (3/4 cup, packed)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy almond butter or homemade almond butter
- ½ cup unsalted almonds or walnuts
- ½ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
Optional Vegan Chocolate Drizzle
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside. Clear some room in the freezer for this pan, you will need it later.
- Make the No Bake Brownies: Add dates and almond butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive and sticky mixture, like chunks of dough—the mixture should begin to pull away from the sides of the processor and roll into a ball. This will take about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the processor frequently, and take breaks in between to avoid overheating.
- Add in the almonds. Blend until almonds are nearly pulverized—about 1-2 minutes. Take breaks to prevent overheating. The mixture will be soft and crumbly. It’s done when you can roll a chunk in your palm and toss the chunk up in the air a bit, and it remains cohesive.
- Add cacao powder, vanilla, and salt (if using). Blend until very well incorporated, making sure to scrape down the sides of the processor regularly.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and loosely spread into an even layer. Once evenly distributed, use a rubber spatula to press down very firmly into an even, tightly-packed layer.
- Optional Chocolate Drizzle: Use the double boiler method or do the following to melt the chocolate. In a microwave-safe bowl, add vegan chocolate chips. Heat in 10-second increments until melted. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off; or, spoon chocolate into a small piping bottle. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of the brownies.
- Chill in the freezer for 20 mins, or until very firm. Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Vegan Brownies
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 2-4 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake vegan brownies, no bake brownies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.