Easy Homemade Almond Butter Recipe: learn how to make healthy almond butter in minutes! All you need is 1 ingredient to make the best homemade almond butter ever! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Have you ever tried making homemade almond butter? Years and years ago, I wouldn’t have even dreamed of trying. But then, I started baking a lot, a lot and realized that store-bought almond butter is freaking expensive!
I mean, do you ever really get used to paying for (or gawking at, then turn your shopping cart sharply away from) a 16 oz. jar of almond butter that’s $16.99?!? Like, have you also seen the ones that go for $22.99 and upward?
Like, is there gold in that almond butter? Or am I just paying for the sexy packaging? Lol.
The Best Easy Homemade Almond Butter Recipe
So ages ago (like before I had even tasted homemade almond butter and during all the baking), I decided that I was going to take a crack at it. I mean, I’d already made homemade peanut butter and that was creamy smooth sailing, so why not try making homemade almond butter?
This is the best easy homemade almond butter recipe you’ll ever try. It’s made with just 1 ingredient, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and healthy. All you need is a good food processor, a few cups of roasted almonds, and a few minutes. 😉
Today, we’re going to learn how to make healthy homemade almond butter—with a step-by-step tutorial, an easy homemade almond butter recipe, vegan + gluten free recipes to use your homemade almond butter in, Q&A’s and more!
How to Make Healthy Homemade Almond Butter: a Step-by-Step Tutorial
We’re doing it, folks! We’re going to learn how to make healthy almond butter at home. Wahoo!! Tell me I’m not the only one excited here? 😉 I mean, imagine all the baked goodies you can use this easy homemade almond butter in… Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge Cups, Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies, 4 Ingredient No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Bars and more!
Step 1: Add Almonds to the Food Processor
Here is the food processor that I use to make homemade almond butter. Add roasted almonds to the canister of the food processor.
Step 2: Blend Almonds until Crumbly
Blend the almonds until crumbly. This is how the almonds will look part of the way through making almond butter. The almonds are crumbly and dry.
Step 3: Almonds Release Oil, Start to Moisten
Keep blending. At this stage, you’ll see that the almonds have begun to release oil—and are thus starting to create a paste. Keep going, you’re on your way to making homemade almond butter! Make sure to scrape down the sides of the processor.
Step 4: Almonds Turn into a Thick Dough
Here, you’ll start to see that much of the oil from the almonds have infiltrated (so to speak) the almond meal (dry almond bits). They’re starting to combine to make this sticky almond butter “dough.” Keep blending!
Step 5: Coarse, Slightly Crunchy Almond Butter
You’re almost there. You can see that the almond butter “dough” has turned into a coarse, liquidy almond butter. You can stop here if you like your homemade almond butter with bits of almonds in it. Keep going to make creamy almond butter.
Step 6: Your homemade almond butter is ready!
Now your homemade almond butter is ready! Wasn’t that easy? Natural, homemade almond butter isn’t going to be perfectly smooth (I mean, even almond butter manufacturers can’t get it super smooth), but it’ll be yummy and ready to use in recipes!
Storing the Easy Homemade Almond Butter
Store your easy homemade almond butter in an airtight container at room temperature. Just make sure your almond butter is stored out of direct sunlight and it’s cool—for 2-3 months. 😉 To store in the refrigerator: some folks prefer storing their homemade almond butter in the fridge—doing so will extend the life of your homemade almond butter to 3-6 months.
Q&A for Easy Healthy Homemade Almond Butter
- Can I use raw almonds in this homemade almond butter? Yes! I prefer using roasted almonds in this easy homemade almond butter recipe… but if you’d like to make raw almond butter, use raw almonds.
- Should I use salted almonds or unsalted almonds in this almond butter? I use unsalted almonds to avoid the added salt. You can use salted almonds if you prefer homemade salted almond butter.
- Where can I learn how to make homemade peanut butter? Or homemade cashew butter? Here is my favorite step-by-step tutorial on how to make homemade peanut butter. My homemade cashew butter recipe is coming soon!
- Why is this homemade almond butter so liquidy? Natural, healthy homemade almond butter is liquidy—that’s the way it should be! Most almond butter manufacturers add thickeners like sugar, or remove oil to thicken their almond butter. None of that here!
- Do I need to add more ingredients into this easy homemade almond butter recipe? Not at all! Keep this easy homemade almond butter recipe as is.
How to Make… More Easy Homemade Tutorials!
- How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter
- How to Make Homemade Oat Flour
- How to Make a Flax Egg
- How to Make Banana Muffin Tops (Healthy)
- How to Make Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Chocolate Frosting
How’d you like making your very own homemade almond butter? Let me know in the comments below! You know I seriously love hearing your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to stop by, whip up a few healthy treats with me in the kitchen, and enjoying it all. I can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
📌 Click below to Pin 📌
Recipes for your Easy Homemade Almond Butter!
Now that you’re a BOSS aka have made your very own easy homemade almond butter, it’s time to use it in all the recipes! Here are a few of my favorite easy vegan gluten free almond butter recipes!
- No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
- 2 Ingredient 5 Minute Homemade Fudge Recipe
- 5 Ingredient Raw Vegan Brownies (No Bake)
- Paleo Almond Butter Cups
- Gluten Free Vegan Brownies
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Almond Butter Paleo Energy Balls
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Chewy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Healthy No Sugar Added Paleo Energy Balls
- Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies
- 4 Ingredient No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Bars
Easy Homemade Almond Butter Recipe: learn how to make healthy almond butter in minutes! All you need is 1 ingredient to make the best homemade almond butter ever.
- 2 cups unsalted, roasted almonds
- See photo tutorial in post for helpful visuals, tips & details.
- Add almonds to a food processor or blender. Blend until coarse.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Blend until mostly smooth, making sure to scrape the bottom of the processor or blender. Blend longer if smoother almond butter is desired; however, some graininess is normal. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Adapted from my How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter recipe.
Use your homemade almond butter in:
- Storage notes: Store in an airtight container, in a cool, dark environment, at room temperature for 2-3 months. Store in the refrigerator for 3-6 months.
Keywords: best homemade almond butter, how to make healthy almond butter, calories in almond butter, easy homemade almond butter recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools for the Best Easy Homemade Almond Butter Recipe
Click below to see the tools I used to make this easy homemade almond butter recipe!
- Food Processor – a serious workhorse in my kitchen, especially when I’m making homemade almond butter. So powerful and useful!
- Silicone Spatulas – so good at scraping down the sides of the processor and scooping up every last bit of almond butter.
- Mason Jars – super cute, and wonderful for keeping homemade almond butter fresh while storing.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups – a great set of measure cups with little magnets in the handles to help you keep them organized. How cool is that?
- Walnut Wood Cutting Board – the gorgeous cutting board you see in the photos. 😉