These Best Vegan Brownies have changed lives. They’ve changed my mom’s life, Erik’s life–all of the people’s lives. Pause. Alriiiiiight, they haven’t changed all of the lives. But we’ve still got time.
While time’s what we’ve got, I might as well tell you about all the wonderful features of this chocolate indulgence. My Best Vegan Brownies are super fudgy, perfectly moist, and slightly crispy at the edges.
They’re like a bite of every chocolate fantasy you’ve ever had. And if you’re like me, you’ve had a lot of those… ?
These best vegan brownies have rich, heavenly, indulgent layers of chocolate flavor, with just the right amount of subtle bittersweetness. Mmm…
Okay, so you know those commercials with the glossy melted chocolate undulating in the most dream-like ripples? Yeah, undulating. And you know those chocolate poems people write about, uh, well… chocolate?
Well, now we finally know what that’s all about.
Now before you ask to see my Chocolate Lover’s Lifetime Membership Card, I would first like to say that I have one… but it was made of chocolate.
So I ate it.
Okay, I just lost track of what I was saying… chocolate daydreams can do that to you.
Back on point: these ultra-moist, super-fudgy brownies (aka the BEST Vegan Brownies) have it ALL:
A crispy, flaky top. Thick, dense layers of chocolatey goodness. Semi-sweet chocolate chips wonderfully and seamlessly integrated into the brownie structure. And that feeling afterward that’s better than… yeah. ? ?
Before you even think about biting into these brownies, you have to turn off everything and move yourself away from all distractions. Just give yourself one moment of quiet. Just one moment to really appreciate life (and all the reasons why you’re alive–most of which involve chocolate). Give yourself that.
Then, carefully, reverentially, take one brownie and just sink your teeth into it. In that moment everything will make sense: love, life, chaos, peace, happiness, humor, obstacles. It will all make sense.
At least while you’re eating this brownie.
This, you guys, is why I love baking. These recipes and the moments that come from them… they’re just magical.✨
Please, try these brownies. Or just make time for yourself. A little time, everyday, just for you. ❤️
If you’re looking for even more irresistible chocolatey goodness, check out the paleo vegan and gluten-free version of these brownies: Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies— in the video below! PS: I’m super excited because this is my first video ever! 🙂
SHOP THIS RECIPE
[amazon_link asins=’B0051T96QE,B00DS842HS,B001CCZL7W,B000FCGRAK,B00091PNTI,B0083QJU72′ template=’BB-ProductCarousel’ store=’beamingbake0c-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f50724ea-4aed-11e7-ad1e-3fd15d6f4101′]
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ½ cup organic dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla is okay)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water whisked together, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in almond extract and salt. Stir just a few times to gently incorporate.
- Add flax eggs in, whisking until well incorporated. In thirds, whisk in the flour. As the batter gets harder to whisk, switch to folding with a rubber spatula. Fold until well incorporated and no flour patches remain.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 mins. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- These freeze well. Before freezing, cool completely. Wrap in parchment paper. Then, store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 30 minutes, or heat in 20 second increments in the microwave until warm.
- Try the Gluten Free version: Gluten Free Vegan Brownies. If you're looking for a super fudgy, paleo option, try my Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
☀︎ Click to pin below ☀︎
A few more brownie & chocolate recipes, handpicked, just for you… 😉
Best Vegan Brownies just got upgraded. Try my Gluten Free Vegan Brownies. Oh YES.
Looking for even fudgier brownies? Try my Ultimate Fudgy Paleo Vegan Brownies… you’ll just ❤️ it.
Thick chocolate shell, creamy vanilla ice cream. Vegan Homemade Ice Cream Bars (Paleo, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free). My favorite recipe. Of. All. Time.
Chocolate for days… And cookie dough for weeks. 😉 Try my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten Free, Awesome).
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.