Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups (V+GF): thick, indulgent, homemade chocolate cups stuffed with chocolate chip cookie dough. Vegan and Gluten Free.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
- Dry Ingredients
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free oat flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened, shredded coconut
- a pinch of salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Modified flax egg (2 teaspoons ground flax + 2 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 5 mins)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add-in Ingredients
- 1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Clear some space in the freezer for the muffin pan.
- Make the cookie dough: In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, coconut, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: 1 tablespoon coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and place into the freezer for 15 minutes—this will allow the dough to chill and harden for easier rolling.
- Remove bowl from the freezer. Scoop about 2 teaspoons of cookie dough into your hands and roll and press into flat discs. These discs should resemble mini cookies.
- Make the chocolate: Two methods for making the chocolate coating: Use the double boiler method or the microwave method. For the microwave method: in a medium, microwave safe bowl, add 2 cups chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Place in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat again in 20-30 second increments until the chocolate chips are just softened. Be careful not to overheat. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth and well incorporated.
- Make the cookie dough cups: Scoop about 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate and drop into each muffin cup. Smooth into an even layer, filling the bottom of the cup. I like to tap the muffin pan repeatedly on a hard surface covered with some kitchen towels. Tap until you get a smooth layer of chocolate. Gently lay a cookie dough disc flat on top of the melted chocolate layer. Spoon 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate over the cookie dough disc. Gently spread until you get an even top. Repeat until you have finished making every cup. If your bowl of melted chocolate hardens while you’re making these cups, place back into the microwave and reheat.
- Place muffin pan into freezer. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer. Peel off cupcake liners. Enjoy!
– Cookie dough recipe adapted from my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites and my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles.
– Room temperature: You may store these at room temperature for 1-2 weeks. The cups will just be slightly soft.
– Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
– Store in the freezer for 4-5 weeks.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Category: No Bake, Vegan, Gluten Free