chocolate keto ice cream recipe (low carb): this keto chocolate ice cream recipe is so easy to make! simple ingredients for rich & creamy keto friendly ice cream. ice cream maker recipe, vegan, dairy-free.
Decadent chocolate keto ice cream with just 1 net carb per serving. Sugar-free chocolate ice cream that’s non-dairy, too. 🙂
Back when we lived in Boston, Erik and I started the keto diet. And by start, I mean we stopped, then started, then stopped again because we didn’t think it was realistic. Then we started again because we-weren’t-quitters-gosh-dang-it!!
It was hard friggin’ impossible to find keto vegan ice cream, and even more impossible to even dream about keto ice cream that wasn’t a bajillion dollars a pint.
With the daunting ice-cream-less future in our sights, we were like, “We gotta make keto ice cream and we gotta take it seriously!!” No mistakes, no typos (we see you, “keto.ice cream” and “keto icecream”), no inedible keto ice cream creations.
Chocolate Keto Ice Cream Recipe (Low Carb)
So what do we have today? A chocolate keto ice cream recipe to end all chocolate keto ice cream recipes (but in a less dire-sounding way). This low carb chocolate ice cream is soooo good.
The Taste & Texture: imagine rich and creamy keto chocolate ice cream with deep chocolate flavor and velvety sweetness all throughout. Allow your chocolate keto ice cream to thaw just the right amount and your ice cream scoop will cut right through the bucket like butter.
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe: Is Ice Cream Keto?
You might still be wondering… is ice cream keto? Or, is this ice cream keto? Or has this girl been dragging me along on a whole ice cream charade? Let’s be clear here, this keto chocolate ice cream recipe is keto! Not only that, but also, this keto ice cream is low carb, vegan, and dairy-free. As for other ice creams, I really can’t say. 😉
How to Make Chocolate Keto Ice Cream with an Ice Cream Maker
I’m so excited to share with you how to make keto chocolate ice cream with an ice cream maker! Simply add all chocolate keto ice cream ingredients to your favorite food processor and blend until smooth. Pour ice cream mixture into the pre-frozen freezer bowl of your ice cream maker. Churn until firm. Enjoy keto ice cream right away, or chill until adequately firm. That’s it!
Tools for the Best Chocolate Keto Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker – this is the exact ice cream maker that I’ve been using for years and years. Yep, I even bought two new ones this year! (It’s basically an ice cream factory at my house.) It’s affordable, easy-to-use, nice-looking (doesn’t hurt) and works beautifully.
- Ice Cream Scoop – after years of dealing with tendonitis, I don’t play when it comes to a good friggin’ ice cream scoop. This is the one I turn to–it scoops ice cream so easily!
- Full Fat Coconut Milk + Coconut Cream – the two essential ingredients to create just the *perfect* creaminess to your chocolate keto ice cream.
- Keto Maple Syrup + Keto Sweetener Drops – after scouring the internet & using All of the Keto Sweeteners Known to Humankind, I can assure you, these are two of my faves. Pleasant sweetness, no weirdo aftertastes. There’s another keto maple syrup that I love, but for this recipe, I stick to this particular low carb sweetener for the just-right sweetness.
Whether you got here by searching “keto.ice cream” or “keto icecream” or “keto ice cream”, I’m glad you made it here. And just know that I, too, made at minimum 2,000 typos while typing just this sentence. 😉 I truly can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think of this low carb chocolate keto ice cream recipe! Let me know in the comments below if you try it. ‘Til the next kitchen adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes (Keto-Friendly Ice Cream, Low Carb)
- Strawberry Keto Ice Cream (Low Carb)
- 4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream (Vegan, Keto)
- Homemade Cashew Coconut Milk Vegan Ice Cream (Keto)
- Coconut Milk Keto Ice Cream (Low Carb)
Chocolate Keto Ice Cream Recipe (Low Carb): this keto chocolate ice cream recipe is so EASY to make! Simple Ingredients for rich & creamy keto friendly ice cream. Ice Cream Maker recipe, Vegan, Dairy-Free.
- The day before, freeze the freezer bowl according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. Here is the ice cream maker I use.
- Blend together all ingredients a food processor. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed. Blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker. Follow directions for making ice cream according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Enjoy immediately if you like super, super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into an ice cream container and freeze for 2-5 hours, until firm.
- Chocolate keto ice cream is best the first day. On Day 2 and forward, set ice cream out at room temperature to thaw for 20-90 minutes, until creamy and scoopable. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Keto Ice Cream Recipes You’ll Love
- Where to Buy Ingredients: Full-fat Coconut Milk | Coconut Cream | Keto Maple Syrup | Low Carb Liquid Monkfruit | Raw Cacao Powder | Pure Almond Extract
- *I used 26 drops. Use less if you like it less sweet, more if you like it sweeter.
- Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly ice cream container, such as this one. If serving after completely frozen, allow about 20-90 minutes to thaw—until creamy and scoopable.
- For Quick Thaw: heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until the edges are a bit melty and ice cream is easy to scoop.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the ingredients listed in Where to Buy Ingredients. Also, it’s estimated based on 15 servings per recipe.
- Recommended Tools: Ice Cream Maker | Extra Freezer Bowls | My Favorite Food Processor | Freezer Door Ice Cream Container | Mini Ice Cream Containers (super cute)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 2g, Net Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.