strawberry keto ice cream (low carb): learn how to make keto strawberry ice cream with just a few simple ingredients! creamy, rich and packed with strawberries! 1 net carb per serving, dairy-free, vegan.
Welcome to the first official keto ice cream on Beaming Baker! Woot woot! I’ve shared some ice cream recipes in the past that were unofficially keto, see: 4 ingredient paleo almond butter ice cream and cashew coconut milk vegan ice cream, but today’s ice cream is intentionally keto and oh-so-scary to test/some kind of wonderful because of it. 😉
Are you ready for the #1 most popular ice cream flavor in Arkansas, Hawaii, South Carolina and Tennessee, according to this fascinating Most Popular Ice Cream Flavors in the US article? I mean, someone’s got to tell me how Beer is the most popular ice cream flavor in Connecticut and when beer-flavored ice cream even began to exist. And, while you’re at it, tell me how “Superman” is a flavor of ice cream, you Michiganites! Lastly, Teaberry (Pennsylvania), Tiger Tail (Virginia), and Tutti Frutti (California) have got to give me more details.
Can I just say, I lived in California for over 20 years and did not once have Tutti Frutti ice cream. And can I just say, here’s the link to the enlarged ice cream flavor by state maps for those of you who have issues trying not to squint. You’re welcome. And feel free to hit “command” and “+” to zoom it in even more. Lol.
Strawberry Keto Ice Cream (Low Carb)
So today’s strawberry keto ice cream recipe is only for Arkansas, Hawaii, South Carolina and Tennessee, apparently. And when I find out what Superman ice cream is, maybe I can do a Michigan-dedicated ice cream recipe. 😉
While we all squint and gawk at all the fascinating ice cream flavors on that map, let’s also pat ourselves on the back for going keto and low-carb. Because today, it will be just that much less of a struggle with this super simple keto strawberry ice cream recipe.
Simple Ingredients for Strawberry Keto Ice Cream
Today’s recipe for strawberry keto ice cream is made with deliciously simple, healthy and low carb ingredients. Check it out:
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Coconut cream
- Fresh or frozen strawberries
- Vanilla extract + almond extract
- Keto maple syrup
- Low carb monkfruit drops
How to Make Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
Learn how to make keto strawberry ice cream with ease. 😉 Just blend all keto ice cream ingredients together in your favorite food processor. Then, pour this mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until firm. Enjoy!
Wondering how to make no churn keto strawberry ice cream? Read below.
How to Make No Churn Keto Strawberry Ice Cream?
To make no churn keto strawberry ice cream: blend all keto ice cream ingredients, then pour into a freezer-friendly container. Freeze until firm and enjoy. Your keto ice cream won’t be as creamy and fluffy, but it’ll be good. 🙂
Handy Tools for the Best Strawberry Keto Ice Cream Recipe
- Ice Cream Maker or Premium Large Ice Cream Maker: My go-to ice cream maker is let’s honest, so ridiculously happy-inducing light pink that it’s not even funny. But when I gotta make a big-ol’ batch of keto ice cream, I use the large ice cream maker. It has a large capacity and looks sleek as heck.
- My Favorite Food Processor: this is literally my all-time favorite food processor. I use it for everything from making homemade nut butters, no bake recipes and for all of my ice cream recipes. It’s durable, easy to use and so friggin’ reliable.
- Almond Extract: the #1 key ingredient for the best keto strawberry ice cream. Truly. The almond extract adds this incredible flavor element to the ice cream that balances everything out–so the coconut flavor from the coconut milk and coconut cream aren’t overpowering or too present…
- Reusable Ice Cream Tub or Mini Pints: Sometimes, just to jazz up my whole ice cream making activity sesh, I love pouring my ice cream mixture into an official ice cream tub or mini pints (super cute). They’re reusable, cute and totally add to the sense of occasion (and who doesn’t need that?). 🙂
Are you ready for more keto friendly ice cream recipes? Spoiler alert: more to come soon! I can’t wait to hear what you and your loved ones think of this keto ice cream recipe! Let me know in the comments below if you make it—I love hearing from you. Grateful that you’re here, sharing in these kitchen adventures with me. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
- Vanilla Keto Ice Cream Recipe (Keto, Low Carb)
- Coconut Milk Keto Ice Cream – Keto Coconut Ice Cream
- Homemade Cashew Coconut Milk Vegan Ice Cream (Keto)
- 4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream (Keto)
- Chocolate Keto Ice Cream Recipe (Low Carb)
Strawberry Keto Ice Cream (Low Carb): learn how to make keto strawberry ice cream with just a few simple ingredients! Creamy, rich and packed with strawberries! Low Sugar, Dairy-Free, Vegan.
- The day before, freeze the freezer bowl according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Day of, blend together all ingredients in a food processor: full-fat coconut milk, coconut cream, strawberries, vanilla, almond extract, keto maple syrup and monkfruit drops. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed. Blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Follow directions for making ice cream according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Enjoy immediately if you like super, super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into an ice cream container and freeze for 2-4 hours, until firm.
- Strawberry keto ice cream is best the first day. On Day 2 and forward, set ice cream out at room temperature to thaw for 20-90 minutes, until creamy and scoopable. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
*I used 26 drops for my keto ice cream. Use less if you like it less sweet, more if you like it sweeter.
Storing Notes: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly ice cream container, such as this one. If serving after completely frozen, allow about 20-90 minutes to thaw—until creamy and scoopable.
For Quick Thaw: heat in the microwave in 10 second increments until the edges are a bit melty and ice cream is easy to scoop.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churn
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 81 cal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 2g, Net Carbs: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.