Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles (V+GF): Just 6 ingredients to creamy, delicious chocolate peanut butter popsicles that taste like an ice cream sundae. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Happy Summer everyone! Who else is feeling ridiculously happy about the summertime vibes?
Anyone else bringing out their floral print jumpsuits? (I had to switch out my fruit print jumpsuit for the summer version). How about those red polka dot bikinis we discussed earlier? And maybe, just maybe, you’re dusting off those super cute got-em-on-day-after-Christmas-sale discount sunglasses from the back of your foyer junk drawer?
Most importantly, anyone having a hankering for chocolate peanut butter banana popsicles? Yes, that was a mouthful to type. I mean… oh, you know what I mean!
Uh… back to the summer vibes. To celebrate, I thought now would be a good time to bring out them popsicles. After all, what says summer more than popsicles? You know, besides swimming pools, barbecues, county fairs, swimsuits, sunglasses, picnics, pink lemonade… okay, fine. Lots of things say summer, but this is by far one of the best things.
That you can eat. What could be better than that?
Just one post ago, I shared with you my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies. Oh, how time flies. Those were the days, right? <– I have no clue why I’m asking so many questions today. Anyone else feeling social? 🙂 There I go again. *Blushing.
Anywho, when Erik and I were gulping down every last drop of those seriously delicious smoothies, it hit us, why not freeze these guys? We’ve always been interested in the fine art of popsicle-making, however, loathe to actually purchase popsicles. We’re funny that way.
We finally took the jump and bought a popsicle maker. Can I just say, BEST. PURCHASE. EVER. Duuuuude. Duuuuudette. Homeslice… (Okay, now I want pizza.)
But this thing… it’s seriously one of the best inventions ever. Besides the infamous fan-whisk, of course. Like, any flavor combo you can imagine can be put into here! Erik and I have actually been discussing the merits of making an avocado coconut cream popsicle, but the logistics got all funny and then we got sleepy. Summer siesta time, amiriiight?
In the mean time, spoiler alert!, we’ve been testing A LOT of popsicle recipes. For now, enjoy our first creation: the chocolate, peanut butter, banana lover’s dream. And, YES, I will be making an over-the-top version of this treat. Stay tuned!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles are:
- made with just 6 simple ingredients
- creamy, chocolatey and so many more delicious ys
- vegan and gluten free
- easy to prepare, in just a few minutes
- mostly difficult only due to waiting for them to freeze!
- banana split-tasty
- secretly protein-rich and full of the good stuff
What do you think? What popsicle flavors are you looking forward to? Do you have a popsicle maker? <–Yup, there I go with all of the questions again. What can I say? The summer makes me energetic!
Kick off the summer by whipping up a batch of these! I’ll see you by the pool. 🙂
☀︎ Click below to pin ☀︎
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural, unsalted peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Add bananas and almond milk into a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. Add peanut butter. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, maple syrup and coconut oil to make chocolate syrup. Whisk until smooth and shiny, like melted chocolate.
- Pour chocolate syrup into the blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour this mixture into a popsicle mold, leaving about ¼ inch of space for the mixture to expand in the freezer. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Remove popsicle mold from freezer. Allow to thaw for about a minute. Run popsicle mold under just slightly lukewarm water for a few seconds. Wiggle the mold a bit. Set popsicle mold on a flat surface and wiggle the popsicles out. Enjoy!
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
Feeling like a side of smoothie to go with your popsicles? Try my Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten Free).
It’s Cookie Time! Try my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free).
What makes you think of summer? Besides chocolate peanut butter banana popsicles, that is. 😉
I can’t wait to hear your responses.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.