Soft, chewy, crispy on the bottom Healthier Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Made with oat flour, whole wheat flour, organic unrefined coconut sugar and coconut oil.
There’s this scene in The Sweetest Thing (a romcom movie with Cameron Diaz), where the main character has a dream about all kinds of things (ahem). The best part of about this dream is the zero-calorie, mondo-sized ice cream sundae.
Honestly, who doesn’t dream of a miraculously calorie-free, healthy or otherwise guilt-free dessert? Right? I know I do. With my mom getting older, and frankly, my sisters and I doing the same thing, I’ve started to think just a bit more about what I’m eating.
But the truth remains the same: I still LOVE DESSERTS.
So, what to do?
The answer is soooooo not gonna be sticking to a strict diet of kale and dust (I think Anne Hathaway phrased it this way when dieting for her role as Catwoman). It’s gonna be to give my favorite desserts a makeover.
Here’s what I adjusted from the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- All-purpose flour is replaced with a winning combo of homemade oat flour & white whole wheat flour.
- Oat flour is the best! It’s packed with a dietary fiber called beta glucan that basically fights bad cholesterol. Woot woot!
- I used white whole wheat flour because it tastes considerably better than whole wheat flour, but is still made with unrefined grains. So you get all the nutrition of regular whole wheat without the “interesting” taste. ? Heh. Heh.
- Tip on making homemade oat flour: Place old-fashioned rolled oats into a blender and blend until you get a just slightly grainy flour.
- Refined cane sugar is replaced with organic, unrefined, unbleached coconut sugar.
BUTTER + EGGS
- Out with the chicken eggs, in with the ground flax eggs. Lower cholesterol, baby!
- Butter is replaced with coconut oil.
- Overall, all animal products are replaced with vegan ones. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! ? But not. ?
This cookie is crazy delicious because it’s:
- Soft and chewy
- Crispy on the bottom
- Stuffed full of chocolate chips
- Just the right size
- And… practically guilt-free, y’all
So whatcha waitin for? (Do you hear Gwen in your head too? And side note: what’s up with all of the celeb references today? My goodness, I really need to stop reading Us Weekly.) Make these Healthier Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, because…
We all deserve a dreamy, healthier indulgence that seemingly exists only in the movies.
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
Vegan Cookie Fever is everywhere on this blog, check out my blissful Double Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies.
Sometimes, you just need a brownie. Try my favorite Gluten Free Vegan Brownies (V, GF, Dairy Free). Complete and utter chocolate bliss. ?
Cookie Dough Love, in every bite. Try my Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
Question of the Day
If you could have a guilt-free version of any food, what would it be?
I can’t wait to hear your responses! ❤️ demeter