A beautifully simple recipe for brightly colored roasted bell peppers: naturally sweet, deliciously roasted, and oh-so juicy! Learn how to roast bell peppers with just a few easy steps.
- 4 medium to large bell peppers – use multicolor for fun!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly greased foil.
- Wash and trim bell peppers—removing seeds and stems. Slice into wide strips.
- Toss bell peppers in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and, optionally, any spices if desired. Toss until fully coated.
- Arrange bell peppers into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between peppers for proper airflow.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes, until tender and a bit charred. Bake on the longer end for wider strips and more tender bell peppers. Enjoy!
Storing Instructions: Cool completely before storing. Store in an airtight container for 2-4 days in the refrigerator.
How to make Vegan: Keep recipe as-is.
How to make Gluten Free: Keep recipe as-is.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American