Learn how to toast slivered almonds in the oven for the best crunchy, warm roasted and deepened natural almond flavor of toasted almonds!
How to Toast Slivered Almonds – the Easy Way
Sometimes it’s all you can do to stay on top of… it all. Or maybe even just a sliver or “it all.” Just know, I’m right there with you. So in between breathing exercises and trying not to lose it, I realize it’s time for an easy, easy (did I mention easy?) recipe. Today, we’re learning how to toast slivered almonds. It takes just one ingredient and a few minutes to feel seriously accomplished. You’ll have made a simple treat that will elevate salads, yogurts, bread… and straight up
snack time. Ready? Let’s learn how to toast slivered almonds in the oven!
One Simple Ingredient for Toasting Slivered Almonds
Can you take a guess? Okay, that wasn’t terribly complicated… and that’s the whole point! 🙂 I love keeping a simple recipe… simple. While we could use oils, sugars and salt to change up these slivered almonds, we won’t. We’re going to learn how to toast slivered almonds the simple way—with one ingredient: almonds.
How to Toast Slivered Almonds in the Oven
But how do you toast slivered almonds in the oven? You’ll find that it’s quite easy and takes just a few minutes. Delicious toasted slivered almonds, here we come!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, grab a large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- Pour 1 cup slivered almonds onto the baking sheet. Make sure to spread the almonds out into an even layer, with a bit of space in between the almonds.
- Bake the almonds for about 4 to 6 minutes, depending on if you have an oven that runs hotter or cooler (and the ambient temperature in your kitchen).
- Flip the almonds.
- Bake for about 4 more minutes, making sure to check on them every 2 minutes so they don’t burn.
- Cool and Enjoy. Cool your almonds and enjoy them on salads, desserts and so much more!
What Kind of Almonds Should I use?
You should use blanched, slivered almonds, meaning that the brown skin has been removed. Make sure that you use almonds that have already been slivered.
What Can I do with these slivered almonds?
Okay, you’ve learned how to toast slivered almonds in the oven. Now how do you use ‘em?
- Eat as a Snack: my favorite way of enjoying my newly toasted slivered almonds is simply snacking on them. No fuss, no muss. And if I’m craving a salty snack, I toss some almonds and a pinch of salt into a bowl and stir. Then, enjoy!
- Sprinkle on salads: Fan of nuts on salads? Me too. 🙂 Sprinkle toasted slivered almonds onto your favorite salad and toss!
- Top desserts: making an ice cream sundae? Try sprinkling your toasted slivered almonds on top of the whipped cream! You can also sprinkle some on pie, chia pudding and so much more.
More How-to and Almond Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Almond Bark
- How to Make a Flax Egg
- How to Make Oat Flour
- Homemade Cashew Butter
- How to Make Keto Candied Pecans
- How to Make Almond Butter
- No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Bars
- 4 Ingredient Almond Butter Paleo Ice Cream
- Almond Butter Breakfast Bars
- How To Toast Coconut (Easiest Way!)
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Almonds
- How to Make Vegan Buttermilk
Wanna be friends? Sometimes it gets a lil’ lonely sitting here at my computer all day, typing and not quite being sure that I’m reaching you. Feel free to leave a comment and chat with me—whether you tried this recipe or not. 😉 I simply love connecting with you. ‘Til our next connection…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
💖 📸 💖Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.