Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie (V+GF): A cool, refreshing and super thick strawberry smoothie that tastes just like a strawberry fruit popsicle! Vegan and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups almond milk, divided
- 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 2 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- In a small bowl, add chia seeds and ½ cup of almond milk. Give it a good whisk, until thoroughly combined. Cover and let set in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Add bananas and the remaining 1 cup of almond milk to a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add strawberries, blending until mostly smooth. Don’t worry—adding the chia seed milk later on will help blend it smooth.
- Take the chia seed mixture out of the fridge—it should have thickened to a gel-like consistency. Give it another good whisk. Using a rubber spatula or spoon, scrape the chia seed mixture out of the cup and into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into cups, and enjoy immediately!
– Recipe adapted from my Mango Chia Seed Smoothie.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Vegan, Smoothie