An EASY recipe for chocolate crunch bars made with just 3 ingredients!
Rich and decadent chocolate enrobes crispy rice cereal for a deliciously crunchy, crispy chocolate treat in the BEST homemade crunch bars! Gluten Free.
When I was little, crunch bars were one of my favorite candy bars. There was that delicious crunch, the chocolate that melted in your mouth, and the sweet, rich creaminess of milk chocolate.
Now that I’m older, I find that making my own homemade crunch bars are actually kind of fun—and bonus: I get to use my favorite chocolate and gluten free rice crisp cereal to customize these chocolate crunch bars to my taste.
Wanna join me? Grab your favorite chocolate chips and head on over to the kitchen with me to make today’s tasty rice crispy chocolate bars!
What are Chocolate Crunch Bars?
Crunch bars are a store-bought candy made by Nestle. It’s made with 2 ingredients: chocolate and rice crisp cereal. Essentially, it’s a chocolate bar with crispy bits in it to make it crunchy.
Today, we’re making chocolate crunch bars, homemade-style, with 3 simple ingredients.
Homemade Crunch Bars with 3 simple ingredients
- Chocolate Chips – use your favorite chocolate chips to make your own favorite homemade crunch bars.
- Coconut Oil – you can use 1 teaspoon of peanut butter in place of the coconut oil, or skip it altogether!
- Rice Crisp Cereal – you can use that blue box of rice crisp cereal you might have on hand, or try this vegan gluten free rice crisp cereal.
How to Make Homemade Crunch Bars
First, line a square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
Now, melt chocolate and coconut oil until smooth and well incorporated. You can also substitute the coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of peanut butter, or skip it altogether.
Add your rice crisp cereal to the melted chocolate mixture. Stir and fold everything together until not one piece of cereal is exposed (aka cover it all in chocolate!!). Pour this mixture into the prepped pan and smooth it into an even layer.
Set & Enjoy
Allow the chocolate crunch bars to set at room temperature or chill until firm. Then, slice and enjoy the best homemade crunch bars!
How to Store Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Storing Instructions: Store chocolate crunch bars in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator. Best if stored in the refrigerator.
- Freezing Instructions: If storing your crunch bars in the freezer, allow to thaw for about 10 minutes before enjoying. In the freezer, homemade crunch bars can keep for 1-2 months.
Are Crunch Bars Gluten Free?
Today’s homemade crunch bar recipe is gluten free if you use this vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal.
q&a for homemade crunch bar recipe
- Where do I find gluten free brown rice crisp cereal?
I get this question all the time! Click here for the exact vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal that I use.
- What vegan chocolate chips do you use?
If you’re looking high and low for vegan chocolate chips, try these super tasty vegan chocolate chips.
- Where can I find refined sugar-free chocolate to make my homemade crunch bars?
When I want to make sure my chocolate candy recipes are refined sugar-free, I chop up this chocolate bar and use it in place of the usual chocolate chips.
- How do I make these homemade crunch bars low-carb or lower in carbs?
Use these chocolate chips. They’re super tasty & practically sugar-free.
Crispy, crunchy, decadent: chocolate crunch bars made with just 3 ingredients for the best homemade crunch bars ever!
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Delicious Chocolate Recipes and more!
- Chocolate Coconut Candy Clusters
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Rice Crispy Treats
- 4 Ingredient Crunchy Coconut Cookies
- 5 Ingredient Coconut Chocolate Bars
- Vegan Hershey Kisses
An EASY recipe for chocolate crunch bars made with just 3 ingredients! Rich and decadent chocolate enrobes crispy rice cereal for a deliciously crunchy, crispy chocolate treat in the BEST homemade crunch bars! Gluten Free.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil*
- 3/4 cup rice crisp cereal
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Or, use this break-apart candy mold. Set aside at room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method, or do the following: add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium, microwave-safe bowl (large enough to add cereal later). Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melty. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Add cereal to melted chocolate. Here is the vegan gluten free brown rice crisp cereal I use. Using a rubber spatula, stir and fold until well incorporated. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, smooth into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the mixture.
- Allow to set at room temperature until firm. Or, for a quick fix, follow freezing instructions. Transfer this pan into the freezer. Freeze for 10-15 minutes. Remove from freezer and allow to thaw for 10-15 minutes. Slice into 18 rectangular bars (3 rows by 6 columns). Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Also try the peppermint version: 4 Ingredient Peppermint Chocolate Crunch Bars.
More Crispy & Chocolate Recipes
*Don’t have coconut oil? It’s totally fine to skip it!
Note: For pretty candy bars with smooth edges, pour your chocolate crunch mixture into this break-apart candy bar mold.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1 week (at room temperature), 1-2 weeks (in the refrigerator), up to 1 month (in the freezer). Best if stored in the refrigerator.
Freezing Instructions: If storing in the freezer, allow to thaw for 10-20 minutes before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snacks
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate crunch bar, homemade crunch bars, gluten free
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.
What’s your favorite candy this time of year? Let me know in the comments below, or let me know what you think of today’s chocolate crunch bar recipe! I can’t wait. ‘Til our next chocolate adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️