No Bake Vegan Brownies: this 5 ingredient no bake brownies recipe yields deliciously soft ‘n dense no bake vegan brownies that’ll satisfy your chocolate cravings!
No Bake Brownies
- 11 Medjool dates, pitted (3/4 cup, packed)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted, natural creamy almond butter or homemade almond butter
- ½ cup unsalted almonds or walnuts
- ½ cup raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
Optional Vegan Chocolate Drizzle
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside. Clear some room in the freezer for this pan, you will need it later.
- Make the No Bake Brownies: Add dates and almond butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a somewhat cohesive and sticky mixture, like chunks of dough—the mixture should begin to pull away from the sides of the processor and roll into a ball. This will take about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the processor frequently, and take breaks in between to avoid overheating.
- Add in the almonds. Blend until almonds are nearly pulverized—about 1-2 minutes. Take breaks to prevent overheating. The mixture will be soft and crumbly. It’s done when you can roll a chunk in your palm and toss the chunk up in the air a bit, and it remains cohesive.
- Add cacao powder, vanilla, and salt (if using). Blend until very well incorporated, making sure to scrape down the sides of the processor regularly.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and loosely spread into an even layer. Once evenly distributed, use a rubber spatula to press down very firmly into an even, tightly-packed layer.
- Optional Chocolate Drizzle: Use the double boiler method or do the following to melt the chocolate. In a microwave-safe bowl, add vegan chocolate chips. Heat in 10-second increments until melted. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off; or, spoon chocolate into a small piping bottle. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of the brownies.
- Chill in the freezer for 20 mins, or until very firm. Slice into 16 brownies. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Vegan Brownies
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 2-4 weeks.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake vegan brownies, no bake brownies