the best soft ‘n delicious oat flour cookies!
Melty chocolate chips, mouthwatering vanilla oat flour cookie base, and perfect sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth–the best oat flour chocolate chip cookies! Vegan, Gluten Free.
How many times have you reached your hand into a cookie jar and wished you could pull out something special. Something… made with oat flour? Perhaps something like… oat flour chocolate chip cookies? 🙂
Today’s oat flour cookies are so wonderfully soft and sweet, with scrumptious cookie flavor, and bursting with melted chocolate chips. They’re by far the best oat flour chocolate chip cookies to hit your cookie jar!
Are you ready to bake a fresh batch of these oat flour cookies?
Let’s make COOKIES!!!
What is Oat Flour?
Oat flour is a flour that’s made out of oats! It’s actually quite easy to make oat flour, here’s how to make homemade oat flour. Simply put, you place rolled oats in a food processor, then blend until all the oats are ground down into fine bits. You can also sift out the coarser bits to make super fine oat flour.
Oat flour can be used in a number of recipes, from cookies to cake, and even no bake bars. Basically, you can use oat flour just like you’d use regular all purpose flour, with one caveat: it’s safe to eat raw! 😉
What are oat flour cookies? What are oat flour chocolate chip cookies?
Oat flour cookies are cookies that take your usual bleached all purpose flour and replace said flour with oat flour! Today’s oat flour cookies are a softer, tastier twist on classic chocolate chip cookies by emphasizing the tender texture that oat flour lends to chocolate chip cookies.
Once you fold yummy, rich chocolate chips into today’s oat flour cookies, guess what you get? Fresh-baked oat flour chocolate chip cookies!
Oat flour chocolate chip cookies: the ingredients
- oat flour: the main ingredient in today’s oat flour chocolate chip cookies! They put the oat flour in… oh you know where I’m going with this! 😉
- rolled oats: you’ll barely even notice the rolled oats in this recipe. They’re just barely there, but add a subtle chewy texture that beautifully balances out the softness of your oat flour cookies. 😉
- baking soda & baking powder
- coconut oil
- coconut sugar & pure maple syrup: two types of sweetener for a richer and deeper sweetness profile. You’ll love the complexity of the cookie dough (I mean, you can try it, since oat flour and flax eggs are safe to eat raw).
- flax eggs
- chocolate chips: feel free to leave the chocolate chips out of your oat flour cookies. You can substitute in any add-ins that you like. Try finely chopped dried fruit, seeds or even chopped up candy! 😉
How to Make Oat Flour Cookies
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, grab a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper.
Whisk the Dry Ingredients
Grab a medium mixing bowl and add in all of the dry ingredients for today’s recipe. Whisk all the ingredient together until well mixed.
Whisk the Wet Ingredients
Now, grab a large mixing bowl and add in all of the wet ingredients. Use a clean whisk to whisk together your wet ingredients.
It’s time to combine! Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients in your large mixing bowl. You’ll whisk the wet and dry ingredients together until they’re fully combined and create a soft, sticky dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
Cover the bowl and allow it to set for 10-15 minutes. This will allow your oat flour cookie dough to thicken for better scoopability.
Grab a cookie scoop. Scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto that cookie sheet you prepared earlier. Press chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie and flatten.
Bake, Cool and Enjoy (and Repeat)
Bake, cool and then enjoy the best oat flour chocolate chip cookies! Then, repeat as needed. 😉
How to Store Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Store your vegan oat flour cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about 1 week. Since these cookies are made with fresh, simple ingredients, they won’t last a month or a year (lol).
You can also store your oat flour chocolate chip cookies in a freezer-friendly, airtight container in the freezer. They’ll keep for much longer this way– 1 to 2 months, in fact. 😉
☀︎ Click below to Pin ☀︎
Oat Flour Cookie Recipes
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- The BEST Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies (Vegan)
- Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies
- Thin Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free Vegan Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies (V, GF): an easy recipe for simply delicious, soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies made with oat flour. Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Oat Flour.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and resembles caramel, about 5 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl of cookie dough. Let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature—this allows the dry mixture to absorb the wet mixture and become more cohesive.*
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. Mine took 10 minutes. Using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
*You can skip this step, but the dough is more likely to be too sticky to flatten with a fork. Also, the cookies are less likely to have a beautiful textured on top.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: These cookies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oat flour cookies, oat flour chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.
I’m so grateful to be here with you, creating all of the delicious and healthy treats our loved ones deserve. I can’t wait to hear what you think of these! While I wait, tell me:
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️