Soft and decadent oat flour cookies packed with melty chocolate chips. The best oat flour chocolate chip cookies are made with wholesome oat flour and whole ingredients.
A Wonderfully Oat-y Twist on a Chocolate Chip Cookie Classic.
That’s right, an oat-y twist! Alright, now that I’m kinda-sorta saying it out loud, it doesn’t sound as fantastic. Ahem. Well, think of your favorite soft-baked chocolate chip cookies, but revamp all the ingredients to whole ingredients, and voila: you have today’s divinely-soft oat flour cookies, bursting with rich chocolate chips and yummy vanilla flavor. Kinda like my favorite vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies or my best ever healthy chocolate chip muffins! Ready to bake cookies? Let’s do it!
Stellar Ingredients for Stellar Oat Flour Cookies, like For Real.
- oat flour: the main ingredient in today’s oat flour chocolate chip cookies! They put the oat flour in… oh you know where I’m going with this!
- rolled oats: you’ll barely even notice the rolled oats in this recipe. They’re just barely there, but add a subtle chewy texture that beautifully balances out the softness of your oat flour cookies.
- baking soda & baking powder
- coconut oil
- coconut sugar & pure maple syrup: two types of sweetener for a richer and deeper sweetness profile. You’ll love the complexity of the cookie dough (I mean, you can try it, since oat flour and flax eggs are safe to eat raw).
- flax eggs
- chocolate chips: feel free to leave the chocolate chips out of your oat flour cookies. You can substitute in any add-ins that you like. Try finely chopped dried fruit, seeds or even chopped up candy!
What is Oat Flour?
Oat flour is a flour that’s made out of oats! It’s actually quite easy to make oat flour, here’s how to make homemade oat flour. Simply put, you place rolled oats in a food processor, then blend until all the oats are ground down into fine bits. You can also sift out the coarser bits to make super fine oat flour.
What’s the difference between oat flour chocolate chip cookies and regular ol’ chocolate chip cookies?
Oat flour chocolate chip cookies are just like your beloved classic chocolate chip cookies, except they’re made with oat flour instead of all purpose flour. The benefits come from the nutrient-rich profile of oat flour, which boasts minerals, fiber, vitamins and antioxidants.
Moreover, there isn’t a highly noticeable flavor in oat flour cookies. So rest assured, you won’t feel like you’re just being tricked into eating oatmeal cookies.
But why should you even bother making these oat flour cookies? Allow me to count the reasons:
- Soft ‘n Delicious. These cookies are wonderfully soft and delicious. For those of you who have a soft spot for soft-baked cookies with a lightly crispy edge, you’ve come to the right place.
- Great Ingredients. Check out the ingredients list and see how simple and whole these oat flour chocolate chip cookie ingredients are! You’ll love these guilt-free, healthy ingredients.
- Easy to Make.
- Even Easier to Customize. Simply swap the add-ins with an assortment of your favorite ingredients to customize your very own oat flour cookies. Try a combo of vegan white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts for White Chocolate Macadamia Oat Flour Cookies, or sunflower seeds, cranberries and chopped peanuts for Trail Mix Oat Flour Cookies. You can even swap the extract or add in spices like ground cinnamon or ground ginger to spice things up.
- Stays Fresh for up to 1 Week at room temperature, up to 2 months in the freezer. One of my favorite aspects of a good timesaving recipe is one that keeps fresh for more than 2 days. In this case, your oat flour cookies will stay fresh and mouthwatering for up to 1 week at room temperature. To keep your cookies lasting longer, be sure to keep them in a dry, cool and dark environment. After living in so many climates, I’ve come to realize the true spoiling power of humid environments and the sun! Ha. Keep your cookies in a cool, dry and dark place to make them last even longer. 😉 Better yet, keep ‘em in the freezer so your cookies can last up to 2 months.
How to Make Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
No need to fret, making oat flour chocolate chip cookies is as simple and straightforward as making classic chocolate chip cookies. Follow along as I show you exactly how to prepare the world’s best oat flour cookie dough!
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, grab a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper.
whisk the dry ingredients
Grab a medium mixing bowl and add in all of the dry ingredients for today’s recipe. Whisk all the ingredient together until well mixed.
whisk the wet ingredients
Now, grab a large mixing bowl and add in all of the wet ingredients. Use a clean whisk to whisk together your wet ingredients.
It’s time to combine! Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients in your large mixing bowl. You’ll whisk the wet and dry ingredients together until they’re fully combined and create a soft, sticky dough. Fold in chocolate chips.
Cover the bowl and allow it to set for 10-15 minutes. This will allow your oat flour cookie dough to thicken for better scoopability.
Grab a cookie scoop. Scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto that cookie sheet you prepared earlier. Press chocolate chips into the tops of each cookie and flatten.
bake, cool and enjoy (and repeat)
Bake, cool and then enjoy the best oat flour chocolate chip cookies! Then, repeat as needed.
Storing & Freezing Your Oat Flour Cookies for the Freshest Taste
Store your vegan oat flour cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about 1 week. Since these cookies are made with fresh, simple ingredients, they won’t last a month or a year (lol).
You can also store your oat flour chocolate chip cookies in a freezer-friendly, airtight container in the freezer. They’ll keep for much longer this way– 1 to 2 months, in fact.
Oat Flour Cookie Recipes + More You’ll ❤️
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Cookies
- Easy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Thin Crispy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Vegan Trail Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- The BEST Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Small Batch No Bake Cookies
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
Tools You Need
- Medium Cookie Scoop
- ready-made GF Oat Flour or homemade Gluten Free Oat Flour
- Chocolate Chips (Vegan | Allergy-Friendly | Sugar-Free Keto)
Oat flour cookies are one of Erik’s very favorite recipes because he can eat the batter (guilt-free). Can we blame him? 😉 Thank you for stopping by and sharing in these sweet baking adventures with me and your loved ones. ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🍪 📸 🍪
Soft and decadent oat flour cookies packed with melty chocolate chips. The best oat flour chocolate chip cookie recipe is made with wholesome oat flour and whole ingredients.
- 1 ½ cups GF oat flour or try homemade gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 15 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, flax eggs and vanilla. Whisk until thoroughly combined and resembles caramel, about 5 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl of cookie dough. Let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature—this allows the dry mixture to absorb the wet mixture and become more cohesive.*
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten cookies into a round disc—they will not spread during baking. Optionally, press chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Mine took 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on pan for about 10 minutes. Then, using a flat, heatproof spatula, carefully lift cookies off the baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
*You can skip this step, but the dough is more likely to be too sticky to flatten with a fork. Also, the cookies are less likely to have a beautiful textured on top.
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Freezing Instructions: These cookies freeze well. Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Or, heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oat flour cookies, oat flour chocolate chip cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.