Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream: Just 4 ingredients for the best healthy chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream—rich ‘n creamy, packed with peanut butter cup flavor!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
Optional Peanut Butter Swirl
- Add bananas into a food processor (preferred) or blender. Blend until crumbly. Add milk, blending until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and cacao powder. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-friendly container and smooth into an even layer; OR, optionally, do the following to create a Peanut Butter Swirl:
- Pour half of the mixture into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Tap the container a few times to create an even layer. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over this layer of ice cream, creating big pockets of peanut butter. Keep it uneven for more chunky swirls!
- Pour the remaining half of the ice cream mixture over the peanut butter swirl. Tap again to even out the layer. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over the ice cream. Dip a butter knife straight down into the ice cream. Gently swirl the knife around in a clockwise motion, starting from the edge of the container and swirling towards the center, creating pretty peanut butter swirls. Do not over-stir, as that will fully mix the peanut butter into the ice cream and remove swirls.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-20 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
More Delicious Ice Cream Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 2 weeks in the freezer.
To Serve: Allow to thaw at room temperature for 5-20 minutes, until firm but scoopable.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream