4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream (V, GF): my favorite easy, no-churn recipe for delightfully sweet and creamy vegan ice cream bursting with peanut butter flavor! Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and made with healthy ingredients.
Ah, the topic of Peanut Butter and Erik. Yep, that’s Peanut Butter, with a capital “P” and a capital “B.” And Erik with a capital “E”–why must he be so difficult? 😉 You might recall from a few years back, in this post, the saga between these two.
Essentially, I was under the misapprehension (I may or may not have gotten typing fatigue from all the letters in that word) that Erik actually LOVED peanut butter, when in fact, he did not. Then, when I realized he didn’t, logged that in, and operated accordingly, he changed his mind.
Then, he changed his mind again. Smh.
So as of the current score, Erik is not fan of peanut butter. He literally cringes now when I suggest a peanut butter dessert. Can you believe? I think I might’ve pushed him to his very limit with all the rounds of kitchen testing for 3 ingredient no bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies, no bake chocolate peanut butter bars, peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars, and this chocolate peanut butter no bake energy bites recipe. Okay, fine… that’s a lot of peanut butter recipes, and I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t even mention them all. I actually may or may not have crossed out like
15 75 other recipes…
But that’s his job! Official Beaming Baker Taste Tester and blah blah blah is in his job description!
So imagine my surprise when I begrudgingly, cautiously ask him to sample some of this 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream. I gave him a cone with a double scoop (made for the photoshoot, you see), turned my back to adjust my camera settings, clean up a peanut butter drizzle mess on one of my photography boards, and then turned back around.
Just 1.5 seconds later.
And the entire cone, plus the double scoop, were GONE.
There stood Erik, peanut butter swirl and a few drops of melting ice cream just a whisper on his two-day old scruff. Like, “What’s up?”
Mr. I Cannot And Will Not Eat Another Bite of Anything Peanut Butter-y aka Will Act Like a Saint for Even Trying a Teensy Pea-Sized Amount of a Peanut Butter Recipe was just standing there, like nothing unusual had happened.
And says, “Literally my FAVORITE ICE CREAM EVER.” (Previously his favorite ice cream was this no churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream. ????)
“Like, this is THE perfect homemade peanut butter ice cream recipe.”
Me: Mouth gaping open, shell shocked.
E: “Wait, that was your new peanut butter ice cream right? Hmm.”
Me: “Hmmm?!?!?!? I thought you didn’t LIKE peanut butter?? What the?”
E: “I don’t. But that was just REALLY FRIGGIN GOOD!!”
Me: “Seriously?!?!? Oh, Erik…”
And that’s how you know that this Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream is EVERYTHING. And then… guess what? He even proceeded to finish the entire double batch throughout the week. And he only took that long because I had to put my foot down on him eating it all at once. He literally jumped up and down asking if he could have a few scoops after dinner, every friggin night.
I’m just saying, this 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream is out-of-this-world amazing. And it’s made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry right now: bananas, coconut cream, LOTSA peanut butter, and maple syrup. Btw, here’s how to make homemade peanut butter, in case you really wanted to UPGRADE this recipe! 😉
This 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream is:
- made with just 4 ingredients (in case ya missed the title) 😉
- super easy to make
- ready to freeze after just a few minutes of prep
- wonderfully vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free
- just the delicious vegan no churn ice cream you’ve been searching for
- the best peanut butter ice cream recipe to add to your frozen dessert menu!
- awesomely refined sugar-free
- the plant-based, allergy-friendly ice cream recipe to keep you cool this summer
- your perfect chance to learn how to make homemade peanut butter ice cream… the easy way
- so good on top of fresh-baked vegan peanut butter cookies ????
- THE vegan ice cream recipe to convince your peanut butter hatin’ friends to LOVE peanut butter (again)
Are you ready to do this? 🙂 You grab the bananas, I’ll slowly lug/grab my gigantic gallon-sized peanut butter! I’m so grateful that you’re here, sharing in these stories, recipes and moments with me. I seriously can’t wait to hear what you think! In the meantime, make sure to sign up for my free email list so you never miss a recipe. And, if you’ve got some strawberries sitting around and are hankering for some more frozen treats, you’ve got to try my 3 Ingredient Strawberry Coconut Sorbet. It’s seriously so easy to make, and might just be the perfect companion to this peanut butter ice cream for all you PB&J fans out there. ????
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤
????︎ Click below to Pin ????︎
If you enjoyed this 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream, then you’ll just love these delicious vegan frozen dessert recipes:
More Dairy Free Vegan Ice Cream (and Sorbet) Recipes
- No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream
- 3 Ingredient Mango Coconut Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, Dairy-Free, GF, Vegan)
- Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream
- 2 Ingredient Pineapple Coconut Sorbet
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut cream*
- ½ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter (more below)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural creamy peanut butter
- Add bananas to a food processor (preferred) or blender. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream and blend until somewhat smooth. If coconut cream is firm, try melting in the microwave for about 8 seconds to liquify (this will prevent coconut chips from forming, but isn’t necessary).
- Add ½ cup peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Pour half of the mixture into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Tap the container a few times to create an even layer. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over this layer of ice cream in a large zigzag pattern, creating big pockets of peanut butter. Keep it uneven for more chunky swirls!
- Pour the remaining half of the ice cream mixture over the peanut butter swirl. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter over the ice cream. Dip a butter knife straight down into the ice cream, almost hitting the bottom of the container. Gently swirl the knife around the ice cream in a clockwise motion--starting near the edge of the container and ending in the center, creating pretty peanut butter swirls. Do not over-stir, as that will fully mix the peanut butter into the ice cream and remove swirls.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-20 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
Adapted from my Coconut Chocolate Chip Vegan Ice Cream.
Also try my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites and my 2 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge.
- Here is the food processor I love and use to make all of my vegan ice cream recipes: Food Processor.
- More Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes: almond joy vegan ice cream, vegan ice cream bars, chocolate chocolate chip coconut vegan ice cream.
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are a few items I used in today’s recipe. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.