Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches (GF): soft-baked gluten free chocolate chip cookies sandwich a thick layer of delicious creamy vegan ice cream. The best gluten free ice cream sandwiches!
Happy July!! Now that we’re safely nestled into July (obviously the least sassy of sassy months), the weather is going to be awesome!! And even if it isn’t, we might just be making a batch of vegan ice cream sandwiches to make everything all better. 🙂
May I present to you my favorite Vegan Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches? Consider them my ode, my kickoff, my fireworks-level woooohoooo to celebrate summer’s arrival! Quick, no one check the official seasons calendar or whatever it’s called to verify that today is the actual day when summer starts. *narrowed eyes*
Okay, fine, summer started ages ago… but it didn’t really start until we got to make our very own homemade gluten free ice cream sandwiches, amiright? 😉
Let’s make this!
How to Make Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches with Chocolate Chip Cookies!
First things first, bake a batch of these oat flour chocolate chip cookies (gf+v). If you’re looking for other varieties of GFV cookies to make, read on below. 🙂 Cool cookies completely.
Line & Lay
Grab your favorite large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Lay your completely cooled cookies face-down on the cookies sheet, with the flat side up.
Grab your favorite vegan ice cream—whether it be store-bought or homemade, like my favorite Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream—and scoop & drop a ball of ice cream down onto a flat cookie. Smooth the ice cream into a flat layer and place another cookie onto it, face up. Smoosh it together to make your very own vegan ice cream sandwiches! Then, repeat for all sandos.
Freeze & Enjoy
Freeze until firm, then enjoy the best vegan ice cream sandwiches ever!
2 Delicious Components to Perfect Gluten Free Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches
Part 1: Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can completely customize your homemade vegan ice cream sandwiches by switching up the kind of gluten free cookie that you use (and with the vegan ice cream options below). Here are my faves:
- Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies – this is the recipe for the GF chocolate chip cookies you see in the photos. They’re soft-baked and utterly delicious.
- Crispy Thin Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies – if you prefer crunchy, crispy vegan chocolate chip cookies, try using these cookies as the “bread” part of the ice cream sandwiches. These are great for folks who love a crispy crunch to balance out the creamy richness of ice cream.
- The BEST GF Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – yes to oats! If you love oatmeal cookies, you’ve got to try these chewy, best-ever gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in your ice cream sandwiches. Perfect spice, amazing flavor.
- Vegan Tahini Cookies – for those of you who want a unique twist on the traditional vegan ice cream sandwich. Nutty with crispy sesame seeds… need I say more? 😉
- Healthy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies – my favorite soft ‘n chewy double chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Try these for a quadruple chocolate whammy in your gluten free ice cream sandwiches!
Part 2: Rich ‘n Creamy Vegan Ice Cream
For the vegan ice cream filling, you can use one of two ingredients:
1. Store-bought Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
Try your favorite store-bought dairy-free vegan vanilla ice cream, or…
2. Homemade Vegan Ice Cream
You can make one of the following homemade vegan ice cream recipes:
- homemade vegan vanilla ice cream
- strawberry vegan ice cream
- chocolate vegan ice cream
- cashew ice cream
- almond butter ice cream
- keto coconut ice cream
Storing Your Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches
Store your gluten free ice cream sandwiches in a freezer-friendly container for up to 2 weeks. I love eating these ice cream sandwiches the first 2 days. 😉
Rich ‘n creamy vegan ice cream sandwiched between two soft-baked gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Mouthwateringly delicious!
So whatcha waiting for? The summer to run away? Quickly, catch it!! Convince it to stay with promises of BIG, frosty platters of gluten free ice cream sandwiches!!! I’m so excited to share and create all the wonderful summertime treats with you this season! Don’t you think you deserve a few homemade goodies, right by the pool… with your favorite book in hand? I do. ‘Til our next homemade adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
More Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
- Chocolate Keto Ice Cream Recipe (Low Carb)
- 3 Ingredient Homemade Mango Ice Cream
- Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream
- Almond Joy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe
- Dark Chocolate Nice Cream
- 15+ Healthy Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.