the best vegan chocolate ice cream recipe: this rich & creamy chocolate vegan ice cream is made with simple, whole ingredients. homemade vegan ice cream never tasted so good! dairy-free.
1) What’s your favorite ice cream flavor of all-time? 2) What’s your favorite store-bought brand of vegan ice cream? 3) If you could create any homemade vegan ice cream, what flavor would it be?
I hope you said: 1) vegan chocolate ice cream, 2) (_____fill in the blank because curious minds wanna know____), and 3) homemade vegan chocolate ice cream! Oh, and Almond Joy Vegan Paleo Ice Cream. Of course. 😉
Because today, we’re making the best vegan chocolate ice cream recipe.
The Best Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Yep, the BEST vegan chocolate ice cream recipe. I said it! Today we’re gonna make the best vegan chocolate ice cream recipe ever. It’s the best for so many reasons, but lemme list just a few to whet your appetite:
- #1: It’s rich and creamy
- #2: It’s friggin’ easy to make
- #3: It has deep chocolate flavor
- #4: It’s just the right amount of sweet
- #5: It’s made with simple, whole ingredients
The Taste of this Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
I know you can never hear enough about the actual flavor and texture of any given recipe you’re thinking about making from the Internets. So I’m gonna describe the heck out of this vegan chocolate ice cream recipe until you can basically taste it.
This vegan chocolate ice cream is so unbelievably rich and creamy, with an element of creaminess from one secret ingredient. Its’ rich, deep chocolate flavor is balanced out by a soft creaminess and subtle sweet flavor, with hints of vanilla and something complex you can’t quite put your finger on. This homemade vegan ice cream is smooth and velvety and easy to make.
Simple Ingredients for Homemade Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
This chocolate vegan ice cream recipe is made with whole, simple ingredients. That’s one of the reasons why it’s the best homemade vegan ice cream ever!
- Full-fat coconut milk
- Coconut cream
- Raw cashew butter
- Raw cacao powder
- Pure maple syrup
- Pure vanilla extract + pure almond extract
Imagine seeing just those ingredients listed on a pint of store-bought vegan ice cream. You’d be grinning from ear to ear and smug as heck! 😉 For an even smugger (lol) vegan ice cream with a PB fix, try my Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (Vegan).
Tools for the Best Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Wondering what exact tools & ingredients I used to make this homemade vegan ice cream? Click on the links below to find out!
- Ice Cream Maker: this ice cream maker is the best! It’s sleek, cute and easy to use. It’s very highly rated (and not just by yours truly). Best of all? It’s affordable. Yeah! Psst: make sure to get extra freezer bowls and freeze them in advance so you can make multiple batches of vegan ice cream, one after another. 😉
- Raw Cashew Butter: the #1 most important ingredient in this recipe. Yep, more important than coconut cream! (Even though you should not skip that lol.) It’s THE best ingredient for preventing icy texture in your homemade ice cream. Better than guar gum, better than vodka. Yes, I’ve tried it all! I prefer using raw over roasted because raw has a much subtler taste. Roasted cashew butter makes itself known. Ha! If you’ve got roasted cashew butter, try using that in my homemade cashew coconut milk vegan ice cream recipe.
- Pure Almond Extract: I tried leaving this almond extract out of the recipe, for simplicity purposes. Guess what? It wasn’t nearly as good. Not by a long shot. Just try it with and without and let me know what you think. 😉
- Raw Cacao Powder: a nutrient-dense alternative to the usual unsweetened cocoa powder. I keep this ingredient on hand in my vegan pantry for ev’ry-thang.
Try serving this vegan ice cream with a slice of vegan gluten free chocolate cake and perhaps a side bowl of vegan chocolate frosting. Yep, I said it: have vegan ice cream + vegan chocolate cake + vegan frosting. That’s a good day. 😉 Thank you so much for stopping by and joining in these kitchen adventures with me and your loved ones! ‘Til the next one…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Best Homemade Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Homemade Mango Ice Cream Recipe – Easy!
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Healthy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream (Vegan)
- Dark Chocolate Nice Cream (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 4 Ingredient Paleo Almond Butter Ice Cream (Vegan, Keto, Dairy-Free)
The BEST vegan chocolate ice cream recipe—rich ‘n creamy, unbelievable deep chocolate flavor and made with simple, whole ingredients. Deliciously decadent and guilt-free vegan chocolate ice cream. Dairy-Free.
- The day before, freeze the freezer bowl according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Blend together all ingredients in a food processor. Scrape down the sides of the processor as needed. Blend until smooth and well mixed.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker. Follow directions for making ice cream according to ice cream maker’s directions.
- Enjoy immediately if you like super soft ice cream. If you like firmer ice cream, pour into an ice cream container and freeze for 2-4 hours, until firm.
- Chocolate vegan ice cream is best the first day, but still good on later days. On Day 2 and forward, set ice cream out at room temperature to thaw for 20-90 minutes, until creamy and scoopable. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
Storing Instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly ice cream container, such as this one. If serving after completely frozen, allow about 20-90 minutes to thaw—until creamy and scoopable.
For Quick Thaw: heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until the edges are a bit melty and ice cream is easy to scoop.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate ice cream
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.