The tastiest healthy chocolate granola recipe—big, chunky granola clusters covered in rich chocolate goodness. Healthy, whole ingredients.
Let me tell you, today’s healthy chocolate granola recipe is AMAZING. It just hits the spot. All of your needs for chocolate, something truly satisfying, crunchy, rich, sweet… and oh, totally made with healthy ingredients? It’s ALL HERE.
Yep, no preamble, no story, no semi-funny jokes today (okay, I can’t promise that). Just the best healthy chocolate granola you’ve ever had. Actually, the best chocolate granola you’ve ever had.
Are you ready for the most delicious healthy chocolate granola recipe? It’s chockfull of big, chunky clusters, rich chocolate goodness and secretly packed full of healthy ingredients. Let’s bake this!
How to Make Healthy Chocolate Granola
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl, then stir it all together until well mixed: nuts, coconut flakes, almond flour, raw cacao powder and maple syrup. It’s ready when clusters have formed and it’s all well coated.
Pour the Granola
Pour your healthy chocolate granola mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. I like to use a rubber spatula to nudge the granola into little piles with space in between each pile to let air through during baking. This will ensure that your granola gets crunchy and crispy!
Bake chocolate granola for about 20 minutes, then flip it and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Coat in Chocolate
Immediately pour your fresh-baked, piping hot healthy chocolate granola into a large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and start gently stirring and folding until the chocolate melts and starts “gluing” the clusters together.
Set and Enjoy
Pour the chocolate granola back onto your baking sheet and allow it to set until firm. If it’s too hot in your kitchen, find a cooler spot or quickly cool your granola in the fridge. Once cool, enjoy the best healthy chocolate granola ever!
Healthy Ingredients for a Healthy Chocolate Granola Recipe
Nuts are one of my go-to healthy pantry ingredients because they keep you full, are packed with nutrients, and boast healthy fats. I love using nuts that are roasted, unsalted and unsweetened so I can control the amount of salt and sugar that goes into a healthy recipe (thereby keep it healthy, y’all).
Unsweetened Coconut Chips
Coconut flakes dial down the carbs in this healthy chocolate granola recipe while dialing up the flavor and health benefits. Coconut is packed with dietary fiber, zinc and iron. Without any added sugar, unsweetened coconut chips are low carb and have just 5g of sugar per 1 cup serving. I love these coconut chips!
Almond flour is one of my favorite healthy ingredients to sneak into a healthy recipe because it’s filling, heart-healthy and packed with healthy fats that keep you full for longer. Almond flour (blanched) is heart-healthy because it’s rich in monounsaturated fat, which can help to reduce cholesterol. Buy almond flour here.
Raw Cacao Powder
I love using unsweetened, raw cacao powder in my healthy chocolate recipes because it’s packed with protein, flavonoids and potassium. Cacao powder can reduce the risk of heart disease, inflammation and diabetes. This is the raw cacao powder that I use.
Storing Your Healthy Chocolate Granola
The best part about the healthy chocolate granola recipe? It keeps yummy and fresh for weeks!
I recommend storing your healthy chocolate granola in the refrigerator or freezer because melted chocolate is quite finicky! Keep your chocolate granola in the refrigerator in an airtight container for about 1-2 weeks.
If you’d like to keep your healthy chocolate granola for longer, store granola in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for 1-2 months. Make sure to thaw it before enjoying because bigger chocolate clusters might be too hard to bite into. 😉
Secretly healthy chocolate granola that’s full of big granola clusters, rich chocolate coating and made with healthy, whole ingredients.
Do you want that cluster? Or should I have it? <– Everything you’ll be saying when you share this healthy chocolate granola recipe with friends. Then decide not to. 😉 Let me know what you think in the comments below—I love hearing from you. ‘Til the next deliciously healthy baking adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Delicious Healthy Granola Recipes
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Healthy Low Calorie Granola Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Gluten Free Granola (Vegan)
- Healthy Chunky Granola Recipe
- Grain Free Granola – Paleo Granola Recipe
- Homemade Paleo Granola Bars Recipe
Healthy Chocolate Granola: the tastiest healthy chocolate granola recipe—big, chunky granola clusters covered in rich chocolate goodness. Healthy, whole ingredients.
Healthy Chocolate Granola
- 1 ½ cups nuts, roughly chopped (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips or large coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons finely ground, blanched almond flour*
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside for later.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, fold until clusters form and it’s very well-mixed.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the spatula, gently nudge granola into an even layer. Separate granola into small piles to create clusters. Make space between clusters to allow for air to flow through and crisp up the granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Using a heatproof spatula, gently flip granola, making sure to keep clusters intact. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until edges are a deep golden brown and granola is just slightly soft. Mine took a total of 27 minutes. Granola will crisp up while cooling.
- Pour granola into a large mixing bowl. Add chocolate chips. Gently and thoroughly fold granola until well-mixed—until chocolate melts and “glues” the clusters together.
- Pour granola back onto the baking sheet. Allow to cool until chocolate sets (solidifies), about 30 minutes. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Delicious Healthy Granola Recipes
*You may substitute this with unblanched almond meal.
Storing Instructions: Store for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Freezing Instructions: Store in an airtight container for 1-2 months in the freezer. Thaw for about 15 minutes before enjoying.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy chocolate granola recipe
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.