Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars (V+GF): an easy recipe for soft, chewy cookie bars made from simple ingredients, bursting with juicy raisins and walnuts. Vegan and Gluten Free.
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsalted, natural almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, flax, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold until well mixed. Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour this mixture into your baking pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Keep in mind that the bars will harden as they cool.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!
– Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
– Adapted from my Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie Bars.
- Cook Time: 15 mins