Vegan Gluten Free Breakfast Cookie Recipe: an easy vegan breakfast cookies recipe for yummy energy cookies! Packed full of healthy ingredients. The best gluten free breakfast recipe! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
Cookies just make every day better don’t they? I mean, obviously cookies are one of the best vegan gluten free breakfast recipes out there…
But still… What would you say if I told you there was a vegan breakfast cookies recipe made especially for starting the day right? Alright, I really DO need to stop asking questions… don’t I? 😉 These awesome blossom Good Morning Breakfast Cookies do exactly what you think they do… based on the name. Ahem.
Vegan Gluten Free Breakfast: Energy Cookies!
Plate of Good Morning Breakfast Cookies = Good Morning. Like with these Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies: good vegan breakfast cookies = good morning! 😉
Oooooooh, yeah. But before I get into that, let me tell you all about the thrilling adventures of my super-duper (read: mildly boring, but pleasant) life. I promise this has something to do with how my vegan gluten free breakfast cookie recipe came about. 😉
About a year ago, Erik and I moved to Maine. From California. Yup, there needed to be a period in between those two. As you can probably imagine, it was a big shock, culturally and all of the other –allys. I’ll shower you with all of that shocking goodness on another occasion. In any case, we moved across the country and decided it was just time to pretty much purge everything.
Like, EVERYTHING. For reals.
Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies Recipe: The Inspiration!
We moved with just four large suitcases and two little ones (carry-on friendly). And ZERO vegan gluten free breakfast cookies. Lol. Imagine the shock of moving from California to Maine, coupled with the shock of having almost no material things. Dude. Right?
But Erik and I are pretty prone to adventurous, bold moves. That probably sounds kind of conceited or something, but what I really mean is that we get The Itch. Anyone feel me?
Sometimes, you just have to do something BIG to start fresh.
Anyway, with said bold move having been completed, we then had to do the Bold Move Follow-up Procedure. Which is basically the What The Frack Did We Just Do? Procedure, and the even more impressive Oh, Crap Procedure.
So imagine, the two of us sitting (on the floor, of course) of our new apartment, surrounded by those four (now not lookin’ so large) “large” suitcases and two teeny-tiny suitcases. Woah. Boldness was never so frightening.
Life without a delicious vegan gluten free breakfast was never so far…
Vegan Breakfast Cookies Recipe… So Close!
Worse, we were waaaay past hungry and rushing headfast into hangry. You guys, we didn’t even know where the friggin grocery store was–let alone any vegan breakfast cookies! As you can imagine, those early days were filled with the saddest, most pathetic breakfasts there ever was:
Cold cereal. With sink water.
Yes, sink water. I hang my head in shame. Have pity on us, we didn’t even have plates!! Now if you weren’t already judging us for the sink water, you are surely now judging us for the bowl-less cold cereal. I mean, it was no bowl of warm vegan gluten free breakfast energy cookies. That’s for sure!
Meanwhile, those days are long-gone (we have not one, but four bowls now—jazz hands!). No more days without a yummy, warm vegan gluten free breakfast. Most of all… no more days with this good morning vegan breakfast cookies recipe. 🙂
Nowadays, the kitchen is the most populated room in the apartment because… there just happen to be TWO food-obsessed occupants, and everything’s all good. But not too cramped.
These Good Morning Breakfast Cookies are my way of saying, “What’s up now, Bowl-less Cold Cereal with Sink Water?! What’s up now??” How do you like these gluten free breakfast cookies?!
You see, we not only picked up more things for the apartment, we also gained a stunningly rich and highly-developed sense of maturity.
You ready for this?
TLDR: Vegan Gluten Free Breakfast Cookie Recipe
Good Morning Breakfast Cookies are:
- lightly crispy on the outside, soft and moist on the inside
- easy peasy to make
- one of my favorite vegan gluten free breakfast recipes!
- full of the simple, whole ingredients you love to love
- vegan and gluten free
- your soon-to-be favorite vegan breakfast cookies recipe
- bursting with energy-boosting nuts and dried fruit
- not cold cereal
Whatcha waitin’ for? Make these incredible vegan gluten free breakfast energy cookies and have said AWESOME day.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan Breakfast Bars – Gluten Free Oatmeal Bars
- Oil-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Healthy Coconut Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free) – Easy Homemade Recipe!
- Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookie
- Almond Butter Breakfast Bars
- The Fluffiest Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
- and more here: 25+ Healthy Breakfast Cookies and Bars Recipes + More (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Vegan Gluten Free Breakfast Cookie Recipe: an easy vegan breakfast cookies recipe for yummy energy cookies! Packed full of healthy ingredients- the best gluten free breakfast recipe! Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour – if using homemade oat flour, make sure it’s very finely ground (not coarse)*
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (whisk together 2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, let set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients: oats, flour, ½ cup coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients: flax eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold the ingredients together until you get a cohesive cookie dough. Fold in almonds, cashews, dates and remaining ¼ cup coconut.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough into your hands. Shape into a ball and place evenly apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten cookies with a fork to keep the texture.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove cookies from the baking sheet and place onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool, then enjoy!
Vegan Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies!
- *If using homemade oat flour, make sure to sift the flour to remove coarse bits of oats that could create crumbly cookies.
- Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 20 servings per recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 62mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: gluten free breakfast cookie, easy breakfast, gf oatmeal cookies
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please re-write the entire recipe using your own words and include a link to this post for the recipe.
Do you have any zany moving stories?
What’s your perfect breakfast meal?
I can’t wait to hear your responses. ❤️ Demeter