Coconut Chocolate Chip Healthy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe: learn how to make homemade vegan ice cream with coconut & chocolate! This dairy-free paleo ice cream recipe is no-churn, easy, non dairy, made with 6 ingredients.
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? I mean, of all time?
There’s this ice cream shop that I used to go to in Cambridge that had the BEST coconut chocolate chip ice cream. It was creamy, dreamy, packed full of coconut flavor and big chunks of chocolate.
The only problem was: every time I got that ice cream, my mom would watch on longingly because she couldn’t have any, and then rattle around the kitchen, pretending to be occupied and totally disinterested.
A few summers back, I realized it was high time that I make a healthy version of that ice cream and satisfy my mom’s everlasting love of coconut & chocolate, in one fell swoop. The result? This coconut and chocolate-packed healthy vegan ice cream recipe!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Healthy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe (Paleo, Dairy-Free)
The moment I shared this homemade vegan ice cream with my mom, she swooned (internally, I’m sure lol), sat down, dove in and all chatter ceased to exist. In my family, the moment folks stop talking at the dinner table, you know the food is friggin’ good.
This time, my mom and you and your loved ones can enjoy multiple scoops of coconut chocolate chip ice cream because: it’s made with healthy ingredients, dairy-free aka non-dairy, refined sugar-free, paleo and vegan. Woohoo!!
How to Make this Healthy Homemade Vegan Ice Cream Recipe
Learning how to make this homemade vegan ice cream is super easy! With just a handful of steps, you’re on your way to creamy no-churn paleo ice cream.
- Step 1: Blend frozen bananas until crumbly.
- Step 2: Blend in coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla, until smooth.
- Step 3: Pulse in coconut and chocolate.
- Step 4: Enjoy! Or, pour into a freezer-friendly container to chill until firm. That’s really it.
Homemade Paleo Ice Cream Recipe in just 6 Ingredients!
This coconut chocolate chip vegan ice cream recipe is one of my favorite healthy, dairy-free frozen treats! Great news: it’s made with just 6 ingredients…
What Food Processor do you use to make this Homemade Vegan Ice Cream?
I get this question all the time—over on Instagram, Facebook, via email and more. Here is the updated version of the food processor that I use. It’s super reliable, lasts forever and truly easy to clean. I use it for everything… to make my Paleo Coconut Macaroons, No Bake Paleo Chocolate Almond Bars, Ultimate Chewy Paleo Coconut Cookies, Homemade Peanut Butter and more!
Is this Homemade Vegan Ice Cream Recipe… Paleo, Non-Dairy, Healthy?
- Is this coconut ice cream Paleo? Yes! Just be sure to use paleo chocolate. I like chopping up this vegan + paleo chocolate bar and using it in place of these vegan chocolate chips.
- Is it Non-Dairy or Dairy-Free? Yes. This dairy free ice cream recipe is a great alternative to the usual dairy-rich ice cream you see.
- Is it Healthy? Relatively so. 😉 This vegan ice cream is made with healthy ingredients and refined sugar-free. As long as you don’t eat the entire batch in one sitting, you’re good. 😉
- Is it Vegan? Yes! This healthy vegan ice cream recipe is made with non-dairy ingredients and without animal products. Woohoo!
Are you ready to get your homemade vegan ice cream on? 😉 <– I know, that totally sounded like I was inviting you to wear your vegan ice cream. Lol. What I meant was, are you ready to make the best healthy vegan ice cream ever?! Let’s do it! It’s always so wonderful sharing in these kitchen adventures with you. Can’t wait to hear what you think! ‘Til then…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
. Click below to Pin .
Healthy Homemade Vegan Ice Cream Recipes: Paleo, Dairy-Free!
I’ve compiled my favorite non-dairy ice cream recipes for you below. Don’t worry, they’re all no churn, healthy, vegan & dairy-free, with some paleo ones too!
- Dark Chocolate Nice Cream (Paleo, Non-Dairy, Vegan)
- Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream (Healthy, Vegan)
- 3 Ingredient Mango Coconut Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo, Dairy-Free)
- 4 Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream (Non-Dairy, Vegan)
- No Churn Chocolate Chocolate Chip Coconut Vegan Ice Cream (Paleo)
- Healthy No Sugar Added Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (No Sugar Added, Paleo)
Coconut Chocolate Chip Healthy Vegan Ice Cream Recipe: Learn how to make homemade vegan ice cream w/ coconut & chocolate! This dairy-free paleo ice cream recipe is no-churn, easy, non dairy, made with 6 ingredients.
- Add bananas to a food processor. Here is the food processor I use. Blend until crumbly.
- Add coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla, blending until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add coconut & chocolate**, blending until just incorporated (2-4 pulses).
- If you like super soft, melty ice cream, enjoy immediately. If you want your ice cream firm and scoopable: pour into a freezer-friendly, airtight container. Freeze for 3-6 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 5-15 minutes before scooping. Enjoy!
Looking for the Almond Joy version? Try my Paleo Vegan Almond Joy Ice Cream.
- Here is the food processor I use to make this ice cream!
- *You can use canned coconut cream, or do the following: Allow a can of full-fat coconut milk to settle for 1-3 days—set it in a stable, cool environment. Open the can and scoop the firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the coconut cream. The translucent liquid is coconut juice.
- **For delicate chocolate flakes: add chocolate chips to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 15-second increments until melted. Stir in between increments, until smooth. Scrape melted chocolate into the blender. Pulse a few times to combine. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Storing Instructions: Keep in the freezer-friendly container, in the freezer for 3-5 days. Best on the first day, still good in the first 3 days. Okay through Day 5.
- Nutrition Information: is an estimate based on the best-selling, most common brands per ingredient. Also, it’s estimated based on 10 servings per recipe. 🙂
- Category: Ice Cream
- Cuisine: Healthy Dessert, Ice Cream
- Serving Size: about 1/4 cup
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: healthy vegan ice cream recipe, homemade vegan ice cream, paleo ice cream, dairy free, non dairy, how to make vegan ice cream
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Tools for Healthy Non Dairy Vegan Ice Cream!
- Food Processor: this is the updated version of the food processor I use to make all of my blended recipes (macaroons, homemade nut butters, all ice cream recipes and more). This food processor is a must-have!
- Paleo Chocolate – simply an amazing chocolate bar. I’ve been hunting everywhere for a tasty paleo vegan chocolate bar made without refined sugar. This is it, folks. SO good & made with coconut sugar!
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – I love this brand of vegan chocolate chips. It’s allergy-friendly, and tastes great!
- Coconut Cream – soo good for making your vegan ice cream nice and creamy.
- Pure Maple Syrup – a wonderful way to sweeten homemade ice cream while keeping a smooth consistency.
- Coconut Flakes – such a tasty brand of coconut. .
- Ice Cream Scoop (Mint) – Here’s the ice cream scoop I used in the photos: it is a BOSS at scooping even the hardest, most frozen ice cream!
- Ice Cream Bowls – …and here are the bowls I used. .
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.