The ultimate healthy no bake peanut butter bars—just 5 ingredients, with thick layers of chocolate & peanut butter, a crunchy topping & velvety chocolate drizzle.
Welcome to the only healthy no bake peanut butter bars you’ll ever need. If you’ve already tried my Easy Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, then you might already be a fan. They’re made with just four ingredients, super easy to throw together and one of the most popular recipes on Beaming Baker.
Way back when I was seriously craving a no bake peanut butter bar, I was going kinda cray thinking I’d never be able to make ‘em with whole, healthy ingredients.
Like, how was I gonna replace the powdered sugar? How would I make no bake peanut butter bars without graham crackers? And to make these vegan, how to replace the butter? In sum, how do I make these peanut butter bars healthy?
I just put that quandary at the back of my mind (and mentally patted myself on the back for using “quandary” in a sentence for the day). All the while, months went by and my mind slowly started figuring it out: pare down the entire recipe to its simplest elements: peanut butter, chocolate, a sweetener and a thickener.
The second I shared that vegan chocolate peanut butter bars recipe with y’all, you loved, loved, loved it. So today we’re gonna take that base of peanut butter bars, amp them up to the ultimate level, and keep them nice and healthy! You ready for this? Let’s no bake peanut butter bars!
How to Make Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Line the Pan
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
Make the Peanut Butter Layer
Add all peanut butter layer ingredients to a medium bowl. Fold and stir until it thickens. Transfer the healthy peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan. Press and smooth into an even layer.
Make the Chocolate Topping
Melt the chocolate and peanut butter together until smooth. Pour on top of the peanut butter filling and smooth until even.
Sprinkle peanuts over the healthy chocolate topping.
Melt the last batch of chocolate and drizzle over the peanut topping.
Freeze & Enjoy
Freeze until the topping is firm, then slice and enjoy the best healthy no bake peanut butter bars!
Recommended: 4 Ingredient Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free) // 4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars – Vegan, Gluten Free
The 5 Healthy Ingredients you need for Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients 1 & 2
Unsalted, Natural Peanut Butter & Peanuts
When eaten in moderation, natural, unsalted peanut butter can have a number of health benefits for your diet, including: better heart health and longer satiety. I love using unsalted, natural peanut butter with one ingredient so I know exactly what’s going in my recipes.
Pure Maple Syrup
Coconut flour is one of my favorite low-carb ingredients to use in healthy dessert recipes. It’s fiber-rich and packed with MCTs, which can improve brain function, keep you full longer and help with digestion.
The Taste & Texture
Satisfying, dense peanut butter bars with a thick peanut butter layer and a rich chocolate peanut butter topping. Salty peanuts add a delicious twist while pretty chocolate drizzle hits that sweet tooth spot like no other. These are the best healthy no bake peanut butter bars ever!
Just 5 ingredients for decadent peanut butter bars that are secretly healthy!
It’s high time we got our healthy peanut butter bars on! 😉 You grab the chocolate chips, I’ll grab my 10-gallon jar of peanut butter (who’s surprised?). It’s seriously the best making these homemade treats with you—who says we can’t have all the delicious treats without being healthy? I can’t wait to hear what you think of my healthy no bake peanut butter bars! ‘Til the next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
☀ Click below to Pin ☀
Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls (No Bake)
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Balls (Low Carb)
- 4 Ingredient Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Oat Bars – Vegan, Gluten Free
- Easy Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies – 3 Ingredients!
- just for fun: Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars (Healthy): the ultimate healthy no bake peanut butter bars—just 5 ingredients, with thick layers of chocolate & peanut butter, a crunchy topping & velvety chocolate drizzle.
Peanut Butter Layer
- 2/3 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup refined sugar-free chocolate or vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup natural, unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Clear some space in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later. Set aside at room temperature.
- Make the Peanut Butter Layer: In a medium bowl, add Peanut Butter Layer ingredients: 2/3 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup maple syrup, and 1/3 cup coconut flour. Whisk until thickened and difficult to stir. Switch to folding with a rubber spatula until well-incorporated.
- Transfer this peanut butter mixture into the prepared baking pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth into an even layer. Set aside.
- Make the Chocolate Layer: Use the double boiler method or the following. Add Chocolate Layer ingredients to a medium, microwave-safe bowl: 2/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/3 cup peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until chocolate is softened and melty. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling. Using a clean rubber spatula, smooth chocolate into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times to help even out the chocolate.
- Add Peanut Topping: Sprinkle chopped peanuts over chocolate topping. Set aside while preparing the drizzle.
- Drizzle the bars: In a microwave-safe bowl, add ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ teaspoon peanut butter. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into a small zip bag and trim a tiny corner off; or, spoon chocolate into a small piping bottle. Pipe chocolate in a zigzag pattern across the top of the bars.
- Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or until hardened. Remove from freezer and slice into 16 squares. Enjoy! Storing instructions below.
Storing Instructions: On the first day, these bars are best stored in the refrigerator. Serve and enjoy within 1 hour. After the first day, you may store these bars in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerator (1-2 weeks). Starting week 2, the bars are a bit drier (like Reese’s PB cup filling), but still delicious.
Freezing Instructions: These bars freeze well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1-2 months. Thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before enjoying. Or, heat in the microwave in 20-second increments until softened.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Chill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter bars healthy, healthy no bake peanut butter bars
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Beaming Baker.