A touch of sweetness, heavenly pancake texture, and fresh blueberries combine for the lightest, fluffiest vegan blueberry pancakes on earth.
The Very Best Vegan Blueberry Pancakes Ever, For Real.
The second you see this pancake batter rise, you’ll know why these are the very best vegan blueberry pancakes, ever. Think: insanely fluffy layers, heavenly-light crumb that could rival clouds, and just the perfect sweetness from an abundance of fresh blueberries (aka nature’s fruit gems) for unreal blueberry pancakes that just happen to be vegan. Wanna see why? Let’s do this!
Everything You Need to Make Blueberry Pancakes Vegan
With just a few simple, basic ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry, we’re gonna make the very best blueberry pancakes vegan (psst… no one will guess that they’re vegan!!)
- Fresh blueberries
- Vegan buttermilk
- Organic cane sugar
- Vegan butter
- Soy milk
- Baking powder
- Vanilla + almond extract
The Secret to the Best Blueberry Pancakes
Psst… wanna know the secret to the very best vegan blueberry pancakes? Hint: It’s in the buttermilk. Yep, the buttermilk! Vegan buttermilk works to break down the gluten in the batter and add levity—aka, the buttermilk softens the crumb and makes it lighter. With just the right ratio of flour to buttermilk and sugar to butter, we’re well on our way to the very best vegan pancakes—stuffed with bright blueberry flavor.
How to Make Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk… by adding lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to a bowl filled with soy milk or another vegan milk of your choosing.
- Sift the dry ingredients. Here, you’ll sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. You’ll finish this dry ingredient mixture off with cane sugar and salt. Now, whisk all the dry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl. Grab the vegan buttermilk you prepped earlier and pour it into the bowl. Next, add melted vegan butter, soy milk and vanilla (plus almond extract, if you’re using it). Here, you’ll whisk the batter together until just combined, being very careful not to overmix. Yes, the batter will still be a bit lumpy, but it will incorporate in the next step.
- Set the batter for 5 minutes. This step allow the wet and dry ingredient to fully combine and thicken.
- Heat the skillet and get to pancake-making! Now, you’re ready to scoop ¼-cup fulls of pancake batter onto a heated skillet, then gently sprinkle with blueberries. Cook until bubbles form throughout, then flip.
- Repeat and eat. Make the tallest stack of vegan blueberry pancakes ever, or eat three modest pancakes topped with whipped coconut cream and rivers of pure maple syrup (ya know, to make up for your modest 3-pancake stack).
What Wonderful Toppings Can I Use Atop My Vibrant Vegan Blueberry Pancakes?
Have you ever tried lemon + blueberry together? The combine is très magnifique! *Chef’s kiss* The tartness of lemons and the sweetness of blueberries combine beautifully with a stack of blueberry pancakes drizzled in lemon glaze.
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate and blueberries? New favorite flavor combo!! Have you ever had chocolate-covered blueberries? Well, now is the time to try the delicious combo. After making a fresh stack of vegan blueberry pancakes, top with rivers of this vegan chocolate ganache. Rich, decadent chocolate and fresh blueberries = dessert for breakfast bliss.
Natural Almond Butter
Naturally drizzly, with so many oodles of good stuff for you—from healthy fats to keep you full and nutrients like magnesium and vitamin E that does the body good. Blueberries + almonds? Heck yes!
Try whatever you’d like on your beaming stack of the most incredible blueberry pancakes that just happen to be vegan. You can also stick to good ol’ fashioned pats of vegan butter, oodles of fresh blueberries for topping and rivers of maple syrup for added decadence.
Vegan Pancake Recipes To Brighten Your Breakfast Table
- The Fluffiest Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Easy Strawberry Pancakes
- How to Make Vegan Buttermilk
- Vegan Breakfast Bars, just for fun 🙂
Tools You Need
Blueberry Dreams, Soon To Be Yours
Can you think of a sweeter thing? I hope you love this vegan blueberry pancakes recipe as much as I do. When you make them, make sure to take a pic and share it on Instagram using @beamingbaker and #beamingbaker so I can see! ‘Til our next breakfast adventure together…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🫐 📸 🥞Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Thank you for being a part of the Beaming Baker community ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.