Cloud-like fluffy pancakes studded with sweet chocolate chips, and drenched in rich chocolate ganache for the best vegan chocolate chip pancakes!
Rise ‘n Shine with the Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Is there anything better than having the perfect excuse to enjoy a mountain of chocolate for breakfast? I mean, there are pancakes inside that mountain and perhaps a plate full of fruit on the side. 😉 Take in today’s gorgeous, mouthwatering stack of cloud-like fluffy vegan chocolate chip pancakes, studded with melted chocolate chips and drenched in velvety chocolate ganache, with a dollop of vegan whipped cream on top. Ready? Let’s make this!
Everything You Need to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Vegan Pancakes!
- Vegan buttermilk – follow my vegan buttermilk recipe and use soy milk! It will create the thickest, fluffiest and best tasting chocolate chip vegan pancakes.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – here are some of my faves (all vegan): vegan | allergy-friendly | sugar-free keto
- All purpose flour – I like using unbleached all purpose flour for this option, but you can use whatever all purpose flour you have on hand. I do not recommend using coconut flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, or anything of that sort. Those flours work very, very differently than AP flour.
- Vegan butter – make sure to melt your vegan butter before you begin, and to keep it in a warm environment until it’s ready to go in the batter. You don’t want it to re-solidify before using.
- Baking powder
- Organic cane sugar + salt – make sure not to leave out the salt and sugar in this vegan chocolate chip pancakes recipe. The sugar will crystallize while cooking on the skillet and add a light crispiness to your pancakes. The salt will simultaneously pair well with the sugar for the salty/sweet effect and bring out the delicious tang of vegan buttermilk.
- Non-dairy milk – I highly recommend using soy milk, it has a thicker texture, and its’ flavor won’t clash with the vegan buttermilk you made earlier with soy milk.
- Vanilla – use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor. Imitation vanilla isn’t great, folks! (I know, I’ve been in a bind before and had to use it haha.)
- Vegan chocolate ganache – It’s thick, rich, and oh-so-chocolatey. If you’re not in the mood to make ganache, grab a bottle of vegan chocolate syrup to speed things up.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Gather around, because today, we’re learning how to make vegan chocolate chip pancakes with no milk and without eggs! These vegan pancakes are fluffy, thick and have the best pancake flavor I’ve ever, ever tasted. (Did I tell you I’m a pancake aficionado?)
The first thing you gotta do before even prepping your dry ingredients for the pancake batter is to make your vegan buttermilk! Learn how to make vegan buttermilk.
Set the buttermilk aside at room temperature while you prep the rest of the chocolate chip vegan pancakes recipe.
Select your best, non-stickiest skillet and set it on the stovetop. No need to heat it up just yet—simply allow it to sit tight.
Next, sift together the flour and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl. Add sugar and salt, then whisk until it’s all well mixed. This is your dry ingredient mixture.
Now, grab the thickened vegan buttermilk and pour it over the dry ingredient mixture. Add the melted vegan butter, soy milk, and vanilla.
At this point, you can whisk both the dry and wet ingredients together, thereby forming your vegan chocolate chip pancakes batter! 🙂 Set the batter aside and allow it to thicken and amalgamate for 5 minutes.
You can now preheat the skillet. Make sure it’s fully preheated before starting for consistently good (aka unburnt) pancakes.
Butter the skillet, then drop ¼ cup of pancake batter onto the skillet. Press about ½ to 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips into the batter. Cook for about 2 minutes, depending on the heat of your skillet.
Using a pancake spatula (highly recommended for easy flipping), flip the pancake and cook for about 1 minute.
Transfer to a cooling rack or plate. Serve your chocolate chip vegan pancakes in a stack, topping with coconut whip, chocolate ganache or syrup, and of course, more vegan chocolate chips!
Delicious Ways to Serve Chocolate Chip Vegan Pancakes
- Topped with chocolate ganache, with vegan white chocolate chips and vegan milk chocolate chips
- A tall stack served with vegan chocolate ice cream
- In brunch mode with a classic mimosa or sunrise mimosa bar!
- Served in a breakfast buffet of vegan banana bread bars and breakfast oatmeal coconut cookies
Want more Tips?
Check out my Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes recipe. It’s chockfull of detailed tips and secret tricks for making the very best fluffy vegan pancakes.
Is it possible to make chocolate chip pancakes without eggs and no milk?
Yes and yes! These vegan chocolate chip pancakes are made without eggs and no milk—at least the dairy kind. This is made possible using vegan buttermilk and soy milk to replace traditional dairy milk. Also, we’re not even using flax eggs in today’s recipe! It’s simply not needed.
More Breakfast Recipes to Brighten Your Day
Loving today’s chocolate chip pancakes without eggs? Try your hand at one of these wonderful vegan recipes for your next awesome vegan breakfast!
- The Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes
- Easy Strawberry Pancakes
- Vegan Breakfast Bars
- Learn How to Make Vegan Buttermilk
- Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- 7 Vegan Overnight Oats Recipes
- Vegan Protein Shake
- 3 Ingredient Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Tools You Need
And good evening to you, wherever you are in the world. I hope you can kick off a bright and sunny morning, or even a cool and mild evening with a great big stack of yummy vegan pancakes. 🙂 Just know that I’m grateful for you, wherever you’re enjoying that wonderful stack. ‘Til our next sweet adventure…
Sending you all my love and maybe even a dove, xo Demeter ❤️
🍫 📸 🥞Print
© beamingbaker.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.
Wanna help grow the Beaming Baker community? ☀️
You play such an important part in the livelihood of Beaming Baker–and just know that Erik and I truly appreciate it. 🧡 If you want to help grow the BB community, you can do the following:
- 📝 Leave a comment & rating. When you try a recipe, leave a comment and star rating to let us know how you liked the recipe. It truly helps all of our readers discover which recipe works best–and keeps us going in the right direction.
- 📸 Instagram. Made a recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the tag #beamingbaker and tag us at @beamingbaker. It makes our day to see how the recipe turned out for you!
- 👭 Tell a friend. You know when you love something, you can’t help but tell others about it? If you love any of the recipes on Beaming Baker, tell a friend. 🙂 It truly helps to grow the BB community. ☀️
This post may contain affiliate links, which allow me to make a small commission for my referral, at no additional cost to you.